Hermaphrodite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodite

If a plant grown from a feminized seed becomes a hermaphrodite and pollinates the female plant, will the seeds produced be feminized?

Yes it would be female.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs kingfish My understanding is that hermaphrodism isn't necessarily genetic: it can occur because of stressors like light exposure during flower dark period, etc.

So what are the hermie genes?

My understanding is also that hermies produce female seeds in the pollinated plants.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it’s kinda like diseases. Some plants will hermie at the slightest light leak during flower. Some don’t. Some will hermie under heat or other stress. Others don’t. So it is also a genetic predisposition to hermie under certain conditions. Some strains don’t go back. After going hermie the offspring can be all hermie without any stress. Kinda like evolution. The plant realizes it’s he only way to survive. That’s why they’re not used to breed even when it was an environmental factor. DNA is always changing

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs THANK YOU for the clarification!!!

alltatup here's a quick read that may answer that foryou.

Many growers have been surprised by the presence of hermaphrodite plants in their marijuana crops. In this post we will tell you how to detect them and how to proceed if you find a hermaphrodite cannabis plant in your growing space. We will also discuss the causes of this hermaphroditism.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      THANK YOU Chef!!! That article was good and distinguished between environmental and genetic hermaphroditism. I learned that Thai Sativas are prone to it. I have read conflicting info about the seeds, though. Some say the seeds will all be female, but the article says not.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup, I know back in the day, growing in buckets outdoors, when we first grew a hermie, all the seeds we used were females from the hermie.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 So I'm confused. It's so strange how both ideas--all fem seeds, hermie seeds--are all over the place...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X