Humidity control with coco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity control with coco?

So my plants feed thru the bottom (AutoPot)

Can i put poly on the coco surface and cover with clay pebbles to help with humidity?

Cheers!

edit: i have 4 plants in their 5th week of flower filling the tent wall to wall, 4x4 tent, coco/perlite, autopot system, green planet nutes.

trying to lower humidity in the tent.
    Last edited by LoneTraveller; 08-28-2018, 10:04 AM.

I would think more water would be lost to transpiration rather than a covered pot to evaporation but that's just a WAG to bump your post...
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

Do one with and without, take pics, and show us which is better
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        thats the spririt. lets find out the truth!! like cheese i think if its getting dry fast its because its drinking (: ive had wet pots after harvest stay moist for weeks. in soil of course but still

• LoneTraveller
        LoneTraveller commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry should have been more specific. I'm trying to reduce humidity in my grow tent.

Cheers

What kinda numbers we talking about? Adding a little fan to move air around can reduce 5-10% but no more than that. Increasing temperature should counteract the slow evaporation rate of high rh but up to a point too. Meaning a couple of degrees might help but definitely don’t wanna be over 30C.

What are your temps and rh inside the tent and outside? And what light are you using?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have a huge amount to reduce your only options are dehumidifier or AC

Over the past few days i've been in the 65 - 77 degree range overall and the rh has ranged from 50 - 70 %

I have 2, 6 inch fans blowing over the tops and a 12 inch fan oscillating underneath the canopy. venting from the tent with a 4" 170 cfm fan pulling thru a 15" carbon filter

Scorpion 5x 325w COB LED, 4 x 4 gorilla shorty tent, 4 plants in Autopot system, AfghaniCBD strain. in coco/perlite

if i can drop the rh a bit by covering the surface, i'd be willing to give it a go.

3 weeks to go! pic from this morning.

Comment

I have a vented hood on my light. At night when I put my girls to bed, I simply leave the fan in my vent running. I decreased my humidity from 60-70% at night to 30-40%. It really sucks the sides of my tent in.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X