Geopot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geopot

I recently bought and transplanted my plants into 2 gallon geopots. The guy said he uses the 2 gallon pots and his plants grow to about 4 feet tall. (Which isn't what I've been reading online) Was he bull shitting me? Will I need to transplant to 5 gallon pots before flowering? My tent is 6 feet tall with a 400 watt HID.

Also what is your opinion on geopot?
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

I use Geopots and I think they are terrific! 3 gallon Geopot with handles is my choice.

Make sure you have a riser of some kind to keep your pots off the floor of your tent. The air needs to circulate.

And no - I would not transplant again.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the geopots as well, my plants seem to be really happy in them. I guess I'll have to get a few bigger pots for my next crop in that case.

Don't expect your plants to grow 4 feet tall. I have found that the height is pretty indicative of the size of you pot. 2 gal. pot = 2 ft. plant. 3 gal. pot = 3 ft. plant. 4 gal. pot = 4 ft. plant. etc.
    Last edited by kingfish; 08-25-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a big 10-4 good buddy

• Pyro1711
      Pyro1711 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the height to pot size just for these Geo pots?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really - not autoflowers that I've grown - 36 inches tall in a 1.5 gallon pot. That's 7 litres and I have a Colorado Cookies in a 7 gallon pot and is 26 inches tall. Took too long to fill out her roots and then pistils started before I wanted............

I was pretty skeptical about 4 feet lol. Thank you, that's pretty much what I was thinking.
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had an OG Kush in a 3 gallon geopot and grew to 5 1/2 feet.

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm new to growing and have problems of my own but can say that the 2 Northern Light autos I have are in 4-gallon pots and had I not super cropped them they would have easily reached 6 feet tall. They are now a bit less than 5' from pot top thanks to a double and twisted super-crop.

I just recently ordered some 3 gallon Phat Sacks for my next grow as the 5-gallon smart pots filled to 4-gallon mark are proving to be too big for me. I'm in coco using 2 - 100 watt LEDs.

As a side note, I have recently read that by nursery standards a 1-gallon pot is actually only 0.7 gallons, the Quick Maths on my current purchase seems to agree with that standard.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X