droopy leaves red veins HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

droopy leaves red veins HELP

hi guys. I'm new here and a new grower. my 1st ever grow I started with 6 I now have 2 the rest died. i grew from seed. i have a tripple cheese and a critical kush auto. my tripple cheese plant has red veins in the lower leaf stems and they have gone droopy. I'm using remo feed every other day.i now have them on 24 hour light they were previously on 18/6 until a week ago. since the 24 hour cycle they have grown alot I'm 8 weeks in on my tripple cheese yet it still seems so small. and advice on what a causing it to droop? I don't think it's over watering as the leaves feel dry. I also have green stuff on top of my coco. I'll supply some images would be grateful for expert advice please.

Welcome madmucka to gwe..first off gonna need a bit of info..what type of lights ,what type of media watering schedule what type of space your growing in what's the temp in the area do you have fans type of nutes .the green could be algae but still need that info plus I'm sure other members will along to chip in and help you out

Comment

the grow space is 1.2 metre by 2 metres I'm using remo nutrients (velokelp, grow, micro 123, magnifical, and natures candy). I'm using maxibright daylight 315w light kit. I have fans but not using them yet temp is around 28 degrees Celsius. I water every day by hand usually a litre I use feed every other day. my plant just seems so small for its age. 8 weeks grown from seed. thanks.

Comment

So your growing in Coco? And I think you should have a fan on to circulate the air..the red stems could be because of different things..Cal mag issues .. potassium..lights maybe to close if you are growing in Coco you need to pm campesino he's a pro with Coco I'm not to familiar with it.

Comment

madmucka! welcome to the show.
          ridges and twists on leaves=overwatering. first thing i see.
          purpling in stems and petules=low calmag

but take the whole picture...
          ridged bumpy twisted leaves, purpling stems n petules, severely stunted slow growth, mild signs of overfeeding.

i suspect overwatering to be the bigger problem here. when a plant sits in too much water, the root hairs start dying back, reducing thier ability to take up nutes. then you feed every watering, raising nute levels they cant even take up without root hairs. now osmotic pressure reverses in an attempt to balance out, and now you have the "lockout". and roots continue to die back as fast as they regrow!

try waiting to watering them until the pot feels about half or third the weight it was when you first watered, instead of trying to put nature on YOUR schedule. super common mistake.
          also, dont feed with every watering. try using half strength of whatever you are using, and give it to them every other or every 3rd watering.
          remember... damage from too much of ANYTHING costs you 3 weeks to fix, and hurts yields at the other end.
          a DEFICIENCY can be fixed in a week. less is ALWAYS better and safer.

get this plant going again by:

1. let the pot lose about half its weight.
          2. water (only water) till it comes out the bottom.
          3. repeat 1 and 2.
          4. let the pot lose half its weight again, and this time mix up 40 ml per gal clonex solution and 1/4 tsp per gal great white microbes and water in again until runoff. use this for your feeding every other watering for 2 weeks.
          5. after 2 weeks you should have a pot FULL of healthy new roots, and you can resume your regular brand of nutes at appropriate strength. your plant should be showing some nice growth by this time also. if the purpling is still showing in the newer growth, boost your calmag a little.

im attaching a pic of plants 8 weeks from seed to give you an idea of where they should be at this time.

​​​​​​​best of luck!

Comment

• IGH
            IGH commented
            Editing a comment
            damn, forgot to mention, you only need to use the microbes every 10 days to 2 weeks. but dont worry, more of those dont hurt anything because microbes dont count towards your actual nutrient concentration.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            And there's your answer - backed up with scientific fact - well said IGH.
            I agree with the above - and yes your autoflowers should be much bigger. Should be showing pistils after 30 days or so - so you stunted them somewhere along the way.

thank you for your advice I will start to revive my little lady as of now. sorry I forgot to say the photo is of the tripple cheese. this is not my auto plant. I had never ever planted a single seed in my life until this one I thought how hard can it be? I guess us women don't know it all after all lol. thank you for your advice it's appreciated.

Comment

one last thing do you think I should run an 18/6 light cycle or keep them on 24? Thanks.

Comment

i used to run lights 24/7 from seed until 12-12.
              now i start from seed to first leaves 24 hrs light, and then go 18-6 until flowering 12-12.
              but i only do photoperiod plants, not autos.
              autos are different, and i dont know much about them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X