Help! Lots of pistils but no flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Lots of pistils but no flowers

So I came here for some help about a month ago. I have a plant that is supposed to be of a short variety and is massive way overgrown the grow space it's my first actual plant, so I am a newbie. I've grown a couple of plants of the same strain from the same Packaging as said plant they were planted roughly a month after this one had already germinated. The other plants of the same strain that were a month younger have been harvested and I even have a couple more of different strains that are even younger budding. Why won't this first plant turn to flowers? It has thousands of pistils all up and down branches. The plant is a Northern Lights Autoflower it's being grown under 400w LEDs in a room with a couple other 400 watts and several other plants. I'm in Coco coir Waters daily feed every other day roughly I have been giving it the same flowering nutritions as the ones I've harvested however I do believe I'm going to try just Bloom I think I got a little bit of nitrogen toxicity. The plant is tall and healthy other than where it has grown into the lights.

what do I do with this? Is it time to cut it down and turn it to compost? It's really too big for the space and starting to slow plants that are vegging down. When the last two autoflowers are finished blooming I thinking I might take it to a 12-12 schedule with some of the other photoperiods that are vegging. Really I don't know what to do I'd really hate to throw it away.

Maybe it's not an auto. Might want to check out this thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...no-sign-of-bud . I have an auto doing the same thing for over 75 days and finally had an "Aha" moment when I read that.
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

I mean it's possible but like I said I've had a few seeds from the same bag go through a full Harvest. Thanks for the link I'll take a look after the girls get fed!

Comment

• Toripony
        Toripony commented
        Editing a comment
        I had another seed from the same batch started flowering on day 20, now covered in buds. I guess some seeds just don't take to the ruderalis "code" and do what they're supposed to do. Or the suppliers mixed them up, IDK.

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've been reading of other growers experiences, and a little from my own even, I don't put a lot of faith in Auto's being Auto's. Seems like I am always reading about so called autos not flowering until given 12/12.
        My theory on the subject, is that breeders have been trying so hard to create wiz bang auto strains, that can do anything that a Photo period plant can, that auto flowering genes are just plain getting bred out of them in the process. I'm sure more than a few seeds get mixed up on accident, also.

I've recently had an issue with nirvana super skunk autos, out of 5 seeds i popped 3 so far , it took 8 weeks for the 1st two to show any flowers, the last one has been going for 6 weeks and only showing preflowers. There is definitely a problem with qc.

Comment

Well I can't bear to throw it away, I put it in the back corner of the grow with another large photo vegging and pulled out a bunch of clones to get light guess I'll put it through a 12 12 with all the photos going. It would be a huge producer if all those pistils would turn to flowers. Thanks for all the replies appreciated!

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that's the best thing to do with it. Most likely it is not really an auto, and may give you an awesome crop of bud if you treat it like what it probably is. Love our Avatar by the way! Can just picture a bunch of little freekin squirels doing that to a bird feeder!!!

Strifefish........ All the traits we use to select our plants are in a genetic lottery called a SEED. Not all traits like smell, shape, or taste will be in each and every seed. Some are auto some not. Its the luck of the draw..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X