LED Bulbs, not panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Bulbs, not panels

I just got a box of LED bulbs (15 watts / 100 watts, 5000 kelvins, 1500 lumens) They look superior in every way to equivalent CFL's, especially environmentally.

My query is about distance, the rule seems to be ~20" for the 300w panel, but these are far less @100w.

I am going to try various distances but I wanted some guidance or suggestions on how to proceed.

I have the same (?) lights in my tent to fill in where the LED box light is lacking. It seem that i can have the light within a few inches of the leaves with no ill effect.
    but it might depend if you have a spot of flood light. Mine is a flood light in a reflector. Which help a great deal. I'm measuring 30,000 LUX at about 4" from the light.
    i've thought about building a rack of thes lights to light the whole grow.
    test the closeness on a plant you dont care about.
    g
    A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

CFL distance 2-10 inches (CFL.com) and LED can vary any were from 12-20 inches - have to find the "sweet spot" also use "back-of-hand test" to determine your light's distance

Comment

Led bulbs can burn start far and work your way in lol

Comment

I just want to show how close my 100w (17w) LED bulb in a reflector is without any ill effect.
          A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

Wow that's close Gordo, I've been creeping inches per day and i'm at 10" today, is that 4"? My girls are smaller than yours (2" to 4" tall @ 3 weeks old), does that matter?

Comment

• Gordo41
              Gordo41 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well thats good because young plants dont need and shouldn't have very strong light, so take it slow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X