Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Rot

How y'all doing today.

Every grow I've had for the last two years I've had at least one plant get some kind of bud rot or mold. Kinda thought it was due to the higher humidity in the Pacific Northwest, so I was always trying to get the air moving - in the tent or as buds are drying.

BUT - and that's a big but - the last cola that started to turn brown, I managed to catch it early and cut out the infected area. This plant ( cola) was directly under a 90 Watt red flower booster light made by G8. Part of another plants cola was also kinda underneath the red light. And that bit of a cola was also going brittle and brown.

So - common sense tells me that the culprit is this red flower booster light. Took it down and haven't had any bud rot problems for this past grow.

Two years ago High Times gave the 600 Watt red flower booster light 'Grow Light of the Year'..

G8 Flower booster lights induce bud rot - don't use em - at least not in higher humidity areas.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Sorry to hear about the bud rot, but glad you figured it out. I opened my tent yesterday and the humidity was 70%. I freaked. Now I leave the fan in my grow light running all night to suck the humidity out. This morning it was 20%.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, but I'm not sorry I got the bud rot - I've been watching for it. Haven't had a perfect grow yet, always one or two little things happen, just gotta be watching out for them.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Head on a swivel at all times, and a eye in the back of your head.

I won't ever trust High Times ratings again: they take money and allow businesses to advertise their equipment without caring if the shit works well or not. I learned the hard way.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X