Natural fertilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural fertilizer

So I read about using fresh grass clippings to make a fertilizer. Grass clippings are a free, high-nitrogen fertilizer. When clippingsdecompose, they release their nutrients back to the lawn. They contain nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus, as well as lesser amounts of other essential plant nutrients.

I've seen no tills using mj leaves as top dressing to decompose and give back to the plant. So I decided to give this a try with my mj clippings... Leaving them to decompose only brought in bugs. So now I'm going to steep them in a jug of water for a couple weeks and see how this effects my organic grow. I know there are some heavy defoliaters out there. Has anyone ever tried using their clippings in a tea form?

48 hours and it's just starting to get cloudy. With a little agitation I am starting to smell a brew going on. I figured hell, what a great way to give back to the plant since I can't clone what I had to cut. I'm able to make one more batch just before I flip since I'll be doing a little lollipopping πŸ˜‰. If anyone has any experience doing this I would love to hear about it. ✌ 🍻
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

I had read about this to when someone else had made a post about Korean natural gardening .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

No aeration ? Be careful not to start brewing anaerobic microbes. I don't know what I'm talking about really. But I've been reading lately too πŸ˜‰.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

β€’Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

β€’600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

β€’4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

β€’14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Noted.. thanks for a heads up. I stir it occasionally like the descriptions I've read about. I'll be putting that brewer together by September πŸ˜‰.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I've thrown all kinds of stuff in my teas but never mj leaves.
        We've made smoothies out of dead fish, an poured that into our brew that was foaming, with good luck before, damn near anything will work, those plants know what to use.

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        So anaerobic can be ok if its on purpose, but it can go bad fast if you aren't ready.

Howdy chef. If ur goina trim everything in and do notill u need worms I'n ur bed. Cover crop and mulch as well. I started doing it last time in supersoil no worms just turned into a big mess off nasty. I'm bout to start my 2nd round in my notill bed. I just did compost tea and some sprouted tea and water. Once ur worms get going and ur Cover crop nice and microbes the decomp happens faster. I'm goina add another little layer of compost and castings on top and inoculate with imo4. Sow new cover and put clones back in same bed. If fungus gnats are the bastards ur speaking of mosquito bits will take Care of them. I added nematodes as well. Im doing the knf imputs dankwing was talking about. Chris Trump has a bunch of vids on YouTube on knf farming. Happy gardening

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I was thinking of getting some 25-50gallon pots going with some cover crop already...by the time I'm ready for my no till I will have already added worms and mulch.

I'm using amended roots organics with 68 days into veg and going strong. I was thinking of going to my local worm farm to get some casting tea and a bin to start my own. I've just recently added teas and molasses to my soil mix my girls are in now and they seem to love it. I've top dressed a few times and will probably top them off with a little more mix before I flip them. Cheers.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X