Question about Hot Shot Pest Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Hot Shot Pest Strips

I was wondering should I hang one PST on each plant as I am starting to get spider mites and I grow outside. I have tried lady bugs but they fly away mostly. I have 10 gallon pots and as I stated they are outside so I was wondering if this might work. Any feedback will be very helpful. Thanks In Advance.

Use this instead.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you

No, you don't want to use actual pesticides on something that you presumably will be smoking, you would be combusting the residue straight into your lungs once you harvest, and enjoy your weed. Use the Captain Jacks like Kingfish said, or there are lot's of options that are good for preventing pests on cannabis, but pot it is one crop in particular, that you really should not use actual pesticides with.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks You

Try this link for additional information on getting rid of this pest.
    Learn how to get rid of these annoying cannabis pests for good.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You

No,no,no, don’t use, it won’t work outside anyway. That’s the last thing u want near buds!!!!

Comment

I have been reading and some suggest Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and water. I am just not sure if the vinegar is safe for the plant or even the proper ratio to use any suggestions? Would like to hear any advise on this. Thanks in advance. I know that a mixture of water and vinegar will take powder mold off of plants so maybe the bugs won't like it either.

Comment

Don't know about the vinegar, but some folks use alchohaul and water with great results. If they aren't in flower yet, Diatomacious earth is good for lot's of pests, just put on a dusk mask, and sprinkle it in front of a small fan, pointed up at the undersides of leaves, on "High". Before flowering, you can also water your plants with a Table spoon of Neem oil, per gallon of water, it screws up there reproduction.

The vinegar is very acidic, so it might burn your plants, if you get that stuff on the leaves when the sun is still up, it could give them light burn, so at least do it once the sun goes down if you decide to try it. Test it on just a leaf or two first.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Not much you can do to change it, outdors, but a good breeze helps a lot.
          The trick I have found with Lady bugs, is to stick them in the fridge for a day after you get them, then before you release them, spray em down with molasses and water, it will glue there wings together for a few aday's so at least they can't FLY off. Release in the evening or at least morning, and water the "Garden" first, so there are some water droplets for them to drink after there long travel. A couple flowers around help to, because usually the first thing on there mind after drinking and eating, is reproducing, and pollen is nessesary for this. Food, a drink, and I'm gonna get LAYED!
          What more can a ladybug ask for!?!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X