Just a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few questions

1st grow, it is 4-5 weeks old. 2 gallon hydrponic bucket with airstone in rockwool. 250 watt led at 12"-15" on 18/6. 1 6" floor fan for circulation. Carbon filter attached to 4" duct fan for exhaust. Gh trio using nebulas nutrient guide, Just changed the water in the res ( was the start of problems).I have watered down ppms after i saw the yellowing on the leaves and the curling on the leaves. Ph 6.1 res temp 68-74 low and high. Humidity 45-62. In a 2'2'4 tent. As you can see had a little light trouble as a seedling, also why it's small for 4-5 weeks. It's at least not touching the pot without the support now. I kinda figured it turned out to be a nice natural lst. Lmao. I'm waiting to see if the watering down of ppms helps, as well as any other info. Just has the few bit of burns on the edge of leaves and seems to have a little yellow on new growth.
    Last edited by Ace3785; 08-16-2018, 10:21 PM.

Hey Ace, I don't believe your plant has been getting any nutrients, it's locked-out, I believe.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that it’s likely a lockout . The reason I believe this is . When new grower look at a feeding chart and see week one week two week three they follow that exactly as week one week 2 week 3 . In reality week one nutes can be more then a week . These nutes imho are based on the growth of your plant not so much the actual weeks . From a seed a plant could take 2-3 weeks depending on a lot of factors week one really doesn’t end imo until you reach you first 5 finger node ( which is where your plants look to be currently) Also these ppm numbers on the feeding charts imo are slightly higher then they need to be . Starting at 50ppm and working up slowly as your plant grows to about 450-550ppm in full veg . I have run higher and this is just a generalized number so it may need to go up slightly depending on the needs of your plant but these are good numbers to work from . I haven’t seen nebulas guild but I have seen others that say like 1300-1600ppm in veg , but that is way to high. And this misconception is what looks like happened here . Ppms that high will without a doubt cause lockout and stunted growth .

• Ace3785
      Ace3785 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok as for lockout what would be the best course of action. Also I bought pure water as the easiest thing for me to get is pure or distilled. I was thinking of doing a pure water nute mix at a lower mix and sesee if that helps. But i dont have calmag or golden necture yet.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t need to do much because you don’t have anything like soil or coco to flush just changing the water and correcting the ppm should do the trick . You can flush the rockwool but that’s about it . You could run plain water for a day if needed but I think you will be ok .

What’s you ppm and ph read .? Can You post a pic of the roots ? I think your lights could be backed up a bit but that’s not likely the issue ? How big is your air pump ( gallons per hour) ? Also can you post exactly what your feeding . How much of each in ml per gallon of water . If you give me all that information and some more photos I’m sure we can figure out what the problem is . 👍🙂 don’t forget the root pics . They are very important in finding an issue or ruling some out .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Ace3785
      Ace3785 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph is 6.1 I thought i put that. Air pump 1.5l a min. 2.5 ml per gal of micro grow and bloom. I think my tds meter is a pos or took a crap my tap water is reading 60 at x10 and my nutrient water is reading 0. Roots look white maybe some tanish I will add pics below of them.
      Last edited by Ace3785; 08-16-2018, 11:03 PM.

6.1 ph is ok 5.5-6.0 would be better for hydro I like mine at 5.8
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Comment

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Added the dark background pics because the LEDs and easier to see

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Roots look good .

im confused about the ppm . U say tap water reads 600 (60x10) and nute water reads 0 . Please explain .

Comment

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        I added pictures I dont really know how to explain. And ok about the nute lockout, I guess was a little lost on what was considered the 1st true leaf.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        First true leaf is the first leaf with jagged edges . Some consider this day one of veg which is why I said in my opinion seedling stage doesn’t end till the first 5 fingered node .

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome that is good enough for me to go by.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        The photo in led light is hard to read the meter but it looks like it says 1ppm is that correct? I must be reading it wrong because that would mean you have no nutes in your bucket. What is the ppm of the water your roots are sitting in .

This is my nutes for full veg .. the ratio is good for any age plant in veg but would need to be diluted to a little ppm range adequate to the size of your plant. Imo this is around 300ppm I used this nute ratio for most of my veg cycle after doing some trial and error of my own and this is what worked for me . This is the results I have had with it . These vegged for 3 months . These photos were taken the first day of flower .

Comment

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thank you guys so much i will do a little research on lockout and if yall have any words of wisdom let me know.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        here is what you should do imo . Change your res water out with a nute solution in the range of 300ppm at 5.8 ph . U can use my ratio of 8ml micro 10ml grow 5ml bloom. Or use the bottle chart which I think is 2ml micro 3ml grow 1ml bloom . Either will work better then a 1/1/1 ratio. Give it an few days to a week and see what happens . A root booster wouldn’t hurt . You can get super thrive and Walmart . It will do the trick . It should be used at one drop per gallon . Do not use super thrive per bottle directions . You only need a drop or 2 per gallon . Then if your not already using it . Get some hydroguard or orca . These are beneficial bacteria that will prevent things like root rot . And lastly if your not using tap water , then get you a bottle of cal-mag . You don’t need the other stuff I use but they all have there own added benifits

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome thank you brother.

DankwingDuck shes looking stronger today and the top leaves are stronger and straighter. The bottom fan leaves are a little wilted still but it's looking better. Thank you all again for your help.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what we are here for brother . If you have any more questions just tag me in your post. Don’t forget to send us a photo update in a few days .

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do, I look forward to learning from this community.

DankwingDuck shes doing much better, already has the third new growth since the lockout. Still no way to tell sex is that right after flower transition or can you always see preflowers?. She looks like she gonna be a bushy one.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        You won’t know sex till flower when it pops pistils or pollen sacks . You can cut a clone and flower it if you want . Clone can flower before it even roots and you will know sex within 2 weeks . You can also buy a sex test . You cut part of the plant send it into the lab and they will return sex results in a few weeks .

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        They look 100% better btw . Glad my advice helped . It’s always hard to tell someone exactly what is wrong from a pic we can only go with the best option based on the information provided . I’m glad we got it corrected tho . Happy growing and if you need anything feel free to ask that’s what we are here for .

• Ace3785
        Ace3785 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you brother will do

DankwingDuck shes looking pretty good, Hoping to see sex here soon. Gotta keep it at a small height until I'm able to get a high rise box. Shes quite bushy. Been thinking of cleaning her up a bit. Had a bit of heat issue till I figured how to add 6 more inches to my light. Roots have exploded, I will update with a root pic another day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X