Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMART POTS size & quality questions

Hi All,

I'm within a week or 2 of repotting my 5 plants from 2 gal to a bigger size for the end stage of vegging and through flowering.

I have intended all along to go with 10 gal. "Smart Pots" but am rethinking as my grow shed will be crammed full with 5 of those and the plants (length & depth of the room). My height too will limit my grow as such that I will try to keep my Northern Lights to 5' tall, maybe 5'6" tall at the most. More than that I will be into my lights.

SO - at 5'6" tall using Nebula's 2 gal per foot ratio I should definitely use # 10 pots BUT BUT BUT - can I do it with only 7 gallon "Smart Pots"? Will the smaller pots stunt the growth?
    I will deal with the bigger pots, if I must, but perhaps some of you have had good success with smaller pots. These # 7s, after all, are bigger than 5 gallon buckets

ALSO - I see "Smart Pots" selling for significantly more than some generic fabric pots. Anyone have good experience with other fabric pot versions or at 7 or 10 gallons sizes the "Smart Pots" is really the best quality?

Thanks for your help.

Crow

Are you growing photos or autos ? Are you in soil or coco ? You can grow some huge plants in small pots using coco.
    I normally use 3gallon SmartPots for autos, 5gallon for photos in soil.
    I think I've tried just about all the different fabric pots out there, and I like SmartPots the best, cause you can get several grows out of them, cause they got a good bottom in them.
    But those cheap vivosun pots and all the others work fine, for a couple of grows.
    GoodLuck with your grow, I love growing NLights, they can get tall, if you dont train them.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Crow
      Crow commented
      Editing a comment
      Photos in organic soil! Thanks for the quality review. I would like to use these for more than a few grows.

There's no real height difference between the 7s and 10s. I would put the pots in there to see how much you have to cram them in. You don't want problems reaching them to water unless you have an auto watering system in place. 7s should be fine for a 5 foot plant imo. Any of them work but I use the smart pots brand. Good luck.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Crow
      Crow commented
      Editing a comment
      The diameter is the killjoy for me as my room is not that wide. Easy access from the front to water. I'm leaning pretty hard to the 7s unless someone tells me that
      I will do more harm than the benefit of the extra floor space warrants. Thanks.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I've grown a few beasts in 5s and 7s looking back I'd have gone with 7s instead of 5s. You should be able to use 7s without any issue as its harder for them to become root bound in fabric pots. The rule really applies to potted plants in plastic containers I believe. With the height I'd say 7s would suffice if you need the space to work and water.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X