Growth of these little ones seems slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growth of these little ones seems slow.

Those little plants were born end of June. Each has been topped 3 times to create a manifold. I started to think the roots aren't expanding outside of the soil that was 1st in Solo cups. I carefully removed the transplant soil that surrounds these plants. I was right, virtually no root growth beyond the soil that contained the plants when they were 1st in the Solo cups. So, I carefully loosened the soil surrounding the plants that did have roots. I put the soil back around the plants, and am now hoping the roots will actually start filling these pots up. They went into these black pots 23 day's ago.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Sounds like they may have been really root bound. How old were they when you transplanted them?
    Perpetual harvest
    Sealed Room
    Full hydro
    Ebb and Flow
    Hydroton Media
    600w HPS
    GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      There were hardly any roots showing at the time of transplant.

growsomebuds morning. Well first off I would rotate your light 90° so you using the footprint to it’s max. As far as the lack of root growth and overall slow growing... in my limited experience I found dense or overwatered soil slows down growth ALOT. Not saying your doing it wrong but it’s something to consider. I found fastest growth to take place when you water a bit almost every day but not too much. If you really want to see some speed try hydroponic, it’s amazing the difference.
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Blue....I put that mess of a plant(org bucket) in my flower tent, since I'm tired of its problems. It has had root issues since birth. The two little ones are in line w/ the light, as you suggest now.

Good call on lack of air in the soil, that would def slow them down.
    Also check the temperature on the outsides of those pots, if they are getting hot from absorbing heat, that could hinder root growth as well.
    What soil do you have them in?
    It's also possible that topping was a little early for them? That is one thing that can slow a plant down to, since that first couple weeks/ maybe month, they are usually focusing most of there energy on growing roots.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a basic organic soil w/ 50% perlite. I did my 1st topping to the 3rd node, after having 5 nodes. Removed all growth below that node. I just did the last 2 toppings after having 4 nodes on each side. Then left nodes 1 and 3 intact. Now, I will have 8 colas for my buds. I guess my point is, I followed Nubula's manifold process to a 'T'. lol These small plants were born July 1st. This is why I checked on the root growth or perhaps, lack there of. I really hope these plants wake the fuck up, and start doing some real growing, soon!

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Well shoot, ya, that sounds perfect with the main lining, and that is a LOT of air holding capacity with 50% perlite, would almost make me wonder if they are getting enough nutrients, but it looks like you are feeding them GH trio.
      Hydro is certainly faster like BlueBuds says, or coco is really quick to, coco is about the nicest thing for roots to be in. I grow in soil myself, and it is slower, but I really like the end results, and I never have done to good when I tried out hydroponics, dirt is just who I am!
      Some times I wonder if chemical fertilizers in organic soil are that good of a combo, lots of folks do real good with the GH Trio, but if you use it in organic soil, it tends to kill off the microbes that are a big part of success with soil growing, plus, just kinda takes away from how well soil works, at least in my opinion, kinda loose some of the benefits of each system of growing. My postulations, and deep thoughts by Greenhouse effect!
      Sure hope they start growing for you soon, maybe they just need to catch there stride.

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm new to perlite. I believe 25-30%% perlite is better, especially if I'm using it in fabric pots.

@Greenhouse-Here's a current grow that's in flower. I trained this plant like the little ones, but a little differently.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Man, that's looking really good GSB !
      I really like how you used the 5 gallon bucket full of holes. It's basically an Air pot if you do that, and it works really good, without the fancy brand names. The Bakery section at many grocery stores will give you all the buckets you need for free if you want. They get stuff like cake frosting and doughnut filling in them, and usually just throw them away. The lids are pretty good trimming tray's to

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Those sticky trichromes are beginning to make an appearance. So exciting!

Thanks, GHE. Love the bakery idea. I should've known this. I worked nights at a grocery store, 20 years ago. lol
    I actually have fabric pots for the little ones, if they ever grow out of this funk.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

That's what I've heard people say about perlite to, 25-30%, no more than 1/3rd. Careful with the fabric pots if you plan to transplant them out of there, since some of the roots eventually grow into the pot, making transplanting more difficult/ harder on the plant. They are great as there forever home though. So awesome when the icky sticky starts to form! Mine are all just starting to flower, funny how you get sick of taking care of plants in flower, and harvesting, but then a couple months later, your all stoked to see some buds again!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, Dank, I just caught my mistake. I meant to address GHE w/ my comment about my plants not being in fabric pots/bags yet.

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Hydro seems enticing for the faster growth. Right now, I've plenty of soil and perlite that I paid almost $30 for. I must use that up 1st before considering hydro. ;-)

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        When your ready . The dark side is nice , and we got cake over here .

This one has had root issues from seedling. She is 3.75 months old! And <1ft tall. This is her pretty sister, who's a week younger. She hasn't given me much trouble. Only some slow growth in the beginning b/c I plated her directly into that 5gal bucket. Won't do that ever again.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait ... no ec meter.... your fired lmao . Collect your belonging and leave your plants on my desk on your way out 😜

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Come over to the light side of the force, if you take good care of your soil, and feed it plenty of earth worm castings, you won't even need that EC meter... and we might even be getting some angel food cake over hear soon, It's Organic, Man, made out of Flax seed and Quinoa.....

Once you start down the path of the Dark Side, forever, will it dominate your destiny, Luke!!

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m to white I get light side burns . I used to grow in soil . Now that I have gone to hydro there is no going back for me . The results in hydro put soil to shame imho .

Thanks for the input, fellas. It's appreciated.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a defect seedling too . She actually grew to be one of my biggest plants. I’ll post a picture below what she looked like when she hatched .
          Last edited by DankwingDuck; 08-18-2018, 09:13 AM.

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          It's possible it would have grown to make me proud. What can I say. I'm a rookie. lol

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I almost killed mine off too . But because it was my last white widow seed I let it grow to see what happened . And I’m glad that I did because it is humongous now . Filling a 4 x 4 Scroge by itself .

DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

She is now the one on the left hand side .
          DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            Those are looking awesome there Dank!

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a 3 month veg . Going to cut a few weeks off of it on the next round . Had a few stress issues that extended the veg time so I think I have fixed everything with the new grow and will be able to achieve the same growth with a veg time closer to 2 months

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            I got just over 3 months of vedge on mine as well. Since I'm growing Christmas trees ( with some LST and Super Cropping) I will probably go a little shorter vedge next year, to. The plant in the front of Pic is a Bubble Gun Pro freebie from Victory seeds, I have a couple other plants behind her, but she is the best one out of this grow. Making a first attempt with making feminized seeds from her, since can't keep a mother where I live.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X