Best way to dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to dry

What's the best way to dry my plant? I read the article on GWE. I live in a place where the humidity gets really high. It seems like hanging is the best way to dry but I also saw you can place your buds on a drying rack.

I'm not trying to mess up my grow on one of the last steps. My last grow I had really airy buds at the end and I'm not sure why. Would like not to make that same mistake. Any info or ideas would be much appreciated.

If humidity is high you should trim the fans and sugar leaves then snip the buds off and dry them on a drying rack. The stems hold water so you want the stems gone. It's good to have a dehumidifier if the rh is high. Airy buds can be caused by not enough light. Sometimes the lower buds are airy and the higher buds are hard since they have access to more light.
    Last edited by Sheesh; 08-12-2018, 04:51 PM.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

If your area is really humid it would be a good idea to use a drying rack. Take the buds off the branches and dry. You will want to at least take off all the leaves you can if you hang branches. Good luck!!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Hanging your colas upside down is the best in my humble opinion. Use a drying rack for the small buds. I might add that I live in a very dry environment.

Comment

(up) Same as kingfish and maybe add a small fan on low pointing away from the plants to circulate the air.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea....

I live in a humid area and I have buds drying right now - hanging upside down tied to a coat hanger, in a closet with a fan moving the air around them. Window is open and the smaller buds are laying around on a former window screen drying as well.

I dry em for four or six days. Put them in jars and 12 hours or so later after the crispy outside of the buds have sucked some of that wet stuff from the middle of the buds I take them out of the jars and let em dry on the screen for a few more hours. Usually do this twice to make sure they are dry. In the past I wasted a whole jar of buds cuz they went from green to moldy brown in a couple of days. Learned my lesson to make sure the inside of the bud is dry enough to keep enclosed. And to pay attention to one's grow every day - growing or drying,
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Has anyone ever used a box to hang and dry their bud? That's really the only way I would be able to hang dry my plants. I've seen people use brown paper bags to dry as well. Not sure how confident I feel in that method.

My closet is my grow room so I still have plants in there. That's why I'm trying to figure out the best way to dry them elsewhere. Does drying on the rack and hanging give the same results?

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hanging is easier - laying on a screen I turn the buds over occasionally. I wouldn't use a bag or box - as I think air circulation is important, not only drying but growing.
              But a box would work.
              And yes Porcha one gets the same result either way.

Canuck147 dries the same way I do, hell e same way most ppl do. I'm in KY and it's crazy humid here. When my parents grew mass quantity on the farm they'd use the stripping room in the barn with multiple fans, but have visqueen laying under all the plants to catch fallen trichromes. I keep visqueen under mine too, credit card it after, and add it to my future hash stach

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X