viparspectra 300w lower flowering distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

viparspectra 300w lower flowering distance

I have an indoor setup with a 300w Viparspectra growing one laughing buddha in a reflective tent, and I have read various things about lowering the distance from the light during flowering. Has anyone grown using the 300w? When it came to flowering, what was a successful distance? Was that lower than growth stage?

My 450s viperspectrum I aim for 18 inches. Have been as low as 12 but many plants will burn at that height. I'm just guessing between 12 and 18 inches. Campesino camp I knows uses viperspectrum too. What does viperspectrum say?

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      12 inches is 1070
      18 inches is 545

You can in later stages of flower I normally drop mine between 18 and 20 but do it gradually not all at once and keep an eye on the plant to see if there's any progress or issues note.. if your still in the stretching phase be aware you might have to raise the light as it streches. I'm sure someone else will come along and add to this .

Comment

I have 2 Viparspectra 300 in my tent - 14-18 inches above your canopy for flowering.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I've got 2 PAR600s 14" from mine and haven't seen a single problem.
        Current grow:
        Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

What works for you might not necessarily work for longroller yes I do the same thing as Canuck but it doesn't mean my set up is like Canucks so telling longroller that putting a light at 14 inches above a plant with two par 600 when manufacturer states in flower it should be 22 inches when not sure if he knows how to monitor the strech or he's passed the strech so I'll check out like this .. longroller..IF you feel confident enough to experiment like redwasp stated then at your own risk you will deviate from the specs that intern damge or even cause numerous issues with your plant then so be it.but don't tell me when you started growing you didn't do no harm to your plants from your own wrong doing ..that's how we all learn I'm just trying to make sure his plant makes it to the end.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Manufacturers booklet that came with the lights states - 36-40 inches for seedlings, down to 24 inches for veg and 15-18 inches for flowering. It also states that one must pay attention to their own grow and adjust your light according to how your plant responds to a particular height.
            And I know all about how and when these plants stretch - photo or auto.

Damn I didnt mean to start a fight. Lol again dont listen to me until your ready to lose a plant or have one turn into the plant you dreamed of. Either can happen. Again I push the limits. I try everything.

Comment

Originally posted by LongRoller View Post
            I have an indoor setup with a 300w Viparspectra growing one laughing buddha in a reflective tent, and I have read various things about lowering the distance from the light during flowering. Has anyone grown using the 300w? When it came to flowering, what was a successful distance? Was that lower than growth stage?
            You can only truly judge proper distance by purchasing a light meter and testing your light intensity at various distances. All the other advice is purely speculation.
            Perpetual harvest
            Sealed Room
            Full hydro
            Ebb and Flow
            Hydroton Media
            600w HPS
            GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X