I think I had the light too damn low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I had the light too damn low!

I forgot to snap a pic before raising the light. It's now 20" above middle plant. It was around 12". What was I thinking?
    Not sure what's going on with the little ones. They look like they have light burn. But, they're also clawing on me.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

I think you're wright about the light, and maybe even a little heat stress to.

The clawing could be caused by the fan. If it's more the leaves getting the strongest breeze, then you will know for sure. Can you point a little bit larger fan at the walls, and let the breeze bounce back at them? An indirect breeze tends to be better, or an oscillating fan will work to.

Nice use of emergency blankets, by the way!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, GHE. Yeah, I forgot about the heat. I have a real tent next to that makeshift tent. Temps in the real temp have gone as high as 88F! I've seen the flowering plant in that tent go limp as a noodle, twice!
      I've spent so much money for my 2nd grow season, that I just don't want to spend anymore monies until next season's grows. But, yeah, I do want to add a better fan setup.

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know, one thing I have done that helps me out a lot with temperatures, is just having a mulch on my soil, it does wonders for the plant when you can at least keep it's roots cooler. I get up to 95-100 F in my greenhouse during the summer sometimes, and they hang in there. Only real problem I have had, is with flowering plants herming when it gets that high, and of course small plants don't do to good. I know it is not as useful in smaller pots instead of a large raised bed, but it does seem to help out a lot. I use Straw, has great insulative properties. At least it's a thought!

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the heat is in check. 84F is usually the highest it gets in the tent or the room for that matter. The reason my tent plant went limp, twice, is b/c I didn't realize how fast that plant consumes water. Every 2 days, she needs water! I supply a gallon.
      Also, I think I'll raise the light on the 3 plants even more, later tonight. It went from ~14" to 20". I think that still may be too low. Afterall, the light's manual says 30". So why I had that light so low was pretty stupid of me. This light burn, and the fact that the plant(Ellie) in the org bucket was born on Apr. 24, and is so short, are the only problems I've really faced since undertaking my 1st grow last year. With what little I know, I consider myself lucky.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X