Should I do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I do it

So I was thinking about adding a bit of coco to my pre bought super soil, I know some people say this is good for watering, is it a good idea?
    the real question is what ratio of coco/dirt to use? Will the coco dilute some of the nutes in the super soil?

I personally use 1\3 Coco, 1\3 perlite and 1\3 soil... The Coco helps the roots grow in my opinion, so you'll have bigger root mass to pick the nutrients from your soil. I do like the fact that it does help "me" with the watering and knock on wood...haven't had an over watered plant yet. I'm sure others will chime in, but I personally like using coco. I mix it with my FF soils I use, but I also use the FF trio nutes at 1\3 strength. Oh and I have no idea why everything I seem to do is at 1\3...

Comment

• Pyro1711
      Pyro1711 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got lucky and have a 15 gallon pot that a tree came in... I use that to mix everything. I want to do an outside grow in that 15 gallon pot!!

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I'm only growing one plant at a time so I was thinking a 4L milk container! Then I know how much it is full and I don't think one plant will ever need 4L at a time

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg I got my comments mixed up I was thinking about how I was going to mix my ph up/down in my water.... DOPE! 😂

My first grow I added about a gallon of coco coir/perlite premix to about 5 gal of FFOF and it absorbed and drained water beautifully throughout the grow. I have 2 pots now that I only added a few trowel scoops of coir/perlite and I'm having trouble with water absorption and drainage. I'll be adding at least a gal from now on.
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X