Watering schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering schedule

Anybody out there ever been in the situation where not all the plants need water on the same day? I have six Autos in 3 gallon grow bags, and it seems that they don't all need water at the same time. For example today only one feels super light, and needs water. The other day there was three that needed water. Does this sound like something odd or usual?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

I'm going through it right now. Just water the once that need it. Water the other once when they need it. It happens especially when you grow different strains.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks kingfish. I do have 2 different strains up there.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Get a calendar to keep track of when you water and when you feed them. You should alternate feed then water then feed etc.

Just make a chart, easier to track the watering!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I do write down when they are watered, but some seem to need it sooner than others. I just discovered something that works in my favor and regards to not being absolutely certain that it needs water. I have each pot marked with a number written on a popsicle stick. The stick is in the soil. I just pulled up a few and saw that the ends of the sticks are damp, and this mimics the skewer method that I used to use with my orchids.

Some plants get more evaporation because of proximity to the fans and such. Some plants just drink more than others.

No, nothing unusual in my opinion. With 3 gallon pots, you will be watering often I assume.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I actually do have really good air circulation up there. Three small fans plus the carbon filter.

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      The larger the pots, the less of a impact those things have. With 5 gallon coco, cloth pots, I can generally water, in my environment, every 4th day ( xoooxooox). I check to see how much water I need to put in to start runoff, and that tells me which plants were the driest.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in touch with Phil from kind soil, and I had sent him some pics because one out of six have the yellowing leaves. He said from the pictures of one of them, that I was over watering because the leaves are drooping. The one that he mentioned was not the one by the way that had the yellowing leaves. It happens to be the one that is mistakenly a photo, and not an auto. At any rate it seems to droop after I water it and I'm watering these guys every 4th day. They take about 6 to 7 cups of water each. Is that too much? Is it too often? Only the photo. 1 seems to droop after watering. Not sure what that's about. It's otherwise very healthy and hanging out in veg.

It really depends on the strain. Some strains are more thirsty then others.
    My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
    My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
    My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
    My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. It almost seems like my Northern Lights are bit more thirsty than the OG Kush. Interesting. And also I'm struggling with keeping the heat below 84 up there. And I think that attributes to increase watering as well. I know that heat not a good number, but at least I'm keeping my humidity in the upper forties. It's a real struggle with this 95 degree weather and these rooms are upstairs in my house.

• SovietStoner
      SovietStoner commented
      Editing a comment
      Its all about proper air circulation. If you got great air circulation, you can get away with slightly warmer temp range.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I have gotten the temps to stay at 80, and humidity around 50%, which is good. As I'm growing in 5gal cloth pots, in kindsoil and pro mix, they are requiring water about every 3rd day.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X