Removing bud sites during flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing bud sites during flower?

How bad will it effect my plant if I take away the tiny bud sites at the bottom? I've noticed maybe three bud sites at the bottom that are just gonna be popcorn buds. Just wondering if it's to late to take them off.

Never too late to remove the unwanted. If they're frosty already - dry em and cure em.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

How far into flowering are you? I`d follow Canuck147 advice unless you just flipped where you have the option to remove. Got any pics?

Comment

Yes, if they are sticky little nugs keep them for butter otherwise cut them off.

Comment

I just harvested 3 of my plants (an hour ago) and I can tell you for sure that I will be removing them from now on.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Appreciate all the info. I went ahead and took them off. Compared to my other buds these are just taking up energy.

Comment

Yeah, definitely remove the lower growth. It doesn't get enough light to make the good buds, but it drains the energy from the plant.
              There is a whole technique called "Lollipopping", that's based on taking all the growth off the bottom.

This is a great example

My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
              My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
              My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
              My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

• Pmoe90
                Pmoe90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dope video. Couple questions though. Do you need to use both honey and molasses or can you use one or the other? Also when is it to late to start adding either one of those? Also they do just get added to the water Right? Do you add it to each feeding or every other? Any specific kind of honey or molasses?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X