Help pleases mites!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help pleases mites!!

HELP PLEASE MITES!!! My 2 plants in week 10 are covered with leaves looking like this and very small orange bugs no webbing but very concerned what shall I do??

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      Top of middle leaf is the mite I saw it crawling

You're lucky those are Thrips not mites. Get some Spinoset and spray the crap out of them. Might have to do it twice. But this will do the trick.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply but won’t that effect the buds?? They are a week or 2 away from harvest (autoflowers in week 10 nearly 11) kingfish

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are harvesting in 2 weeks, then don't do anything. That is too close. It won't hurt anything, because you can use it all the way up to harvest. But it might effect the taste. Have you seen any bugs in your buds ?

• rizcuny
        rizcuny commented
        Editing a comment
        kingfish just in the leaves but almost every leaf is covered in the slimie looking stuff on middle and lower canopy

Here are the buds, maybe 2-3 weeks until harvest not sure?? Northern lights autos!

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Just give them water 'till harvest. Don't give them anymore nutes. You have quite a bit of nute burn going on.

• rizcuny
        rizcuny commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay thanks, when should I start flushing and how long do u think I have until harvest ?? kingfish

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        There are folks on here that know a lot more about Autos then I do. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Kingfish is right.
      You can add a couple yellow sticky traps to the room, and probably catch a few of the little stinkers, especially if you give the plants a good shake, but should be fine since close to harvest. I would say about 2-3 weeks from the little bit of growing auto's I have done, possibly closer to two.Be sure to take a look at Nebulas harvest tutorial if you haven't already.
      It looks like your getting a little heat stress to, with the serrations on some of those leaves curling up like that.

I think you will still harvest some nice bud though, and glad you didn't end up with spider mites!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you have for air exchange in the tent?

• rizcuny
        rizcuny commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing putting air into the tent! Have a carbon filter and a intake fan in the tent sucking the smell out GreenhouseEffect

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, adding an inline fan bringing air in, might help some, though I feel like PULLING air out, is more effective. Adding a fresh air fan, or a bigger exhaust fan, would both help. Also, where the exhaust and fresh air are being pulled from, can help. You want to basically be pulling the exhaust air across your bulbs on the way out, to help cool them, kind of like the hoods on Hps/ Mh lights.
        If you can somehow bring in air from a place that is a little cooler, that can help to.

Definitely not saying you have to run out and spend a bunch of money on keeping your tent cooler right away, but it will certainly help in the future. The more you can keep your plants in homeostasis, the better everything will go. If the plants aren't to hot, then the better they resist pests, or under watering. If they are not having to fight off pests and disease, the better they will be able to cope with the tent getting a little to hot, or the nutes getting a little off, Etc.
        All things in balance, so no system gets overly stressed, and breaks, or fails.

I had me a pretty good Thripp infestation on my current grow, early on, and the thing that seemed to mostly do it for me, was a couple treatments of Diatomacious Earth. Put on dust mask and sprinkle it in front of a fan set on high, with the fan aimed at the undersides of the leaves. Don't want to do that during flower though, since you get your buds full of the stuff!
      I miss diagnosed to, thought they were leaf miners, till I saw another post on GWE. There I was, squishing the effected leaves between my fingers, trying to kill leaf miner larvae, even left my finger prints in one of the fan leaves, noticed it a couple weeks later, after it had grown out a bit, Lol!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X