ph in water hight, soil low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ph in water hight, soil low

Hi There, I am new to growing outside. I have ph problems in the water that I am using, only have assess to spring water. ph is 8.05. The soil is sandy and it has been very dry I ph tested it today at 4to 5.

Had some problem with boron defiance around 10days ago watered the plants with starch as recommended all seemed to go well and the lady's looked to have recovered after 24 hours. Looking for some help on correcting the ph balance. Do I ad lemon juice to the water and lime in the soil at the same time? only one or two weeks away form start of flowering and the plants are looking weak and I can see they are not right. Thanks For Any Tips//Bench

A couple of tsps. of juice per gal. from the plastic lemon from the market will bring your ph down. Are you giving any nutrients? cal- mag? If not, you might wanna think about it.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, will give that ago and see what happens. I have been feeding with liquid sea weed, then tom food with mag and seaweed. they had some dry blood to start with. Having read a few things on here I think it is the effects of the boron With the soil at ph 4. Going to add a small amount of lime to each plant then fingers crossed. Thanks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X