Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug infestation, can anyone help me ID them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug infestation, can anyone help me ID them?

Hi everyone~been a while since I’ve visited it posted, I’ve been crazy busy helping my daughter move out of the nest. Anyhow I’m down here waking up the girls and see this seriously progressing diseased plant. What I thought was nute burn~I now Can see an infestations of these tiny little microscopic specks moving about on the under side of these discolored leaves and nests that look like webbing where the leaf & stalk of the plant meet. When I swipe the underside of the leaf My finger tips are stained with brownish bug blood but the underside of the leaf appears like powdery white. I’ve got a few pics here but this plant is week 6 of flower and was doing fantastic a few days ago, I’d hate to lose her now. Can anyone help ID this pest and advise me on how to save my plant?
    These are Gorilla Glues
    grown in my own soil blend
    Under 1000w Super Blue Daylight & HPS
    using as little nutes as possible FoxFarm trio
    Protekt Suppliments & Molasses and Compost Tea

i think you got spidermites mate

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, tell tale sign of the dots on to top of the leaf.

It looks pretty bad to. All those white spots on the bottom are eggs.

As to save it... With this type of infestation... you can attempt alchohol and water without spraying the buds, or cutting them now before it gets worse and purging the grow area (if indoors)

Personally with the amount of eggs, I would cut it down and start over...
      Last edited by Qwertywill; 07-31-2018, 08:34 PM.

Man, that sucks. Those are spider mites, and cutting your losses, disinfecting the grow room, and starting over may be the best option, hate to say it.
    Any possibility of taking them outside, and blasting the heck out of them with a hose sprayer? You would have to get them dried out QUICK, because of the buds, and avoiding mold problems. Could then try sicking Lady Bugs on them, with a plenty of breeze from a fan, and try get to at least some sort of harvest. It's iffy that far along in flower with a big out break though. Junk like that always seams to hit ya when your busy workin hard with other stuff, to. Got really busy for a while last month, had to fix something on my own nickel, cause i messed up. Didn't properly cure a plant I had just harvested, best weed I ever grew, at that. Ya, I through all but a quarter once away cause of bud rot...

Some folks put Neem cake in there soil at planting, or water with Neem oil while in vedge, I did the later, and seems to be keeping the bugs away.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
      Peacefuleasyfeeling commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the advice @greenhouse effect if thats my only chance at saving her I’m in it this am

Ouch I was not wanting to hear that at all dam

Comment

I'd think with that many bugs there would be a sign of more webbing. Get a magnifier, and verify that they are spider mites.

Comment

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
        Editing a comment
        I did! And spent all kinds of time researching the symptoms. I only found 2 web nests at the base of this girl but they were very small. That being said, I have 4 plants showing the same symptoms with no webs to be found on them.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife had a pepper plant that was literally clothed in the webbing, and those sonsabitches sucked that plant dry. I carefully bagged up the plant, and got it out of the sunroom, and into the dumpster pronto. The plant was back in a corner so she didn't see the infestation.

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
        Editing a comment
        Yup~This plant was in the furthest corner of my grow room she got turned every night but not inspected as closely as the others! She affected my 2 blue dreams which i had kept on either side of her. At this point I have way too much invested to be willing to just chop them. I only have the rest of August to harvest & I’m treating them as advised from y’all and the info posted here on the site. It seems to be helping~They’re still thriving & their buds are fattening up. I’m alternating azamax with water foliar sprays and keeping them in front of the fans. so I figure how bad can these microscopic pests really fuckup the taste of the smoke as long as I flush them well... I’ll find out in a few more weeks!

You can beat those mites, it just takes alot of work, don't throw your plants away.
      They will come right back, if you quit treating them, so don't quit treating, even if you think you got them all.
      When you smoke a joint an hear a little popping sound, that's a burned spider mite, we have all smoked some spider mites before.
      GoodLuck with your treatments,
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
        Editing a comment
        Lol thanks man! I figured as much bc the plant was thriving otherwise~her buds look great, to spite the fact that her leaves look like shit lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X