First time out door grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time out door grower

Good evening everyone. I'm getting ready plant my first crop come spring 2017 and I just wanted to know if I should allow the plant to grow naturally in the sunlight OR should I try to train the crop?

We don't have many outdoor growers come to forum, but there are a few show up once in a while. Seems to me outdoor growers usually plant in an area that will get lots of sun and just let them do their thing.

Hope someone else comes along with more knowledge.

Comment

Yeah, this is my first grow ever. I've been reading up and I'm just astounded by all of the info. I'll be planting in a spot that gets more that 8 hrs of sunlight a day, so I was just trying to see if Low Stress Training, FIMing, Topping or Super cropping would be beneficial or not. I appreciate you responding so quickly

Comment

Awesome question...how well hidden are you...is it legal there....do you have room in height how wide of space you have...

Comment

Too bad Mike doesn't come round anymore. He went through hell and back with his outdoor grow and still managed a decent harvest. LOL

Comment

The space is not well hidden, it is NOT legal, and I have pretty of clearance for the plant to grow vertically. I have at least 16 sq ft of space. Gonna use an old tree stump as my base of operation, and then fence in an area around the stump. At least a few feet on each side of the stump.

Comment

Well you be planting in the ground or in a pot

Comment

Starting in solo cup(with slits in the bottom), then I'll be using fabric pots once the plants start getting bigger.

Comment

Well best of luck Rooster. I would be afraid to grow outside where not legal. As far as topping, etc, I don't see why you couldn't do that with an outside grow. Will make plants bushier, so plant for that when you plant.

Do you prefer growing outside? Certainly is cheaper. Don't have to buy all the equipment needed for an indoor grow.

Comment

Ah, so you are not planting directly in the ground? Will you bring them inside if necessary? Like storms, etc?

Comment

Okay great....you do this right and you will have a Fuck ton of weed....transplant or whatever but final pot should be in my opinion at least 20 gallon container...start topping early like after ten nodes top them all...wait till you can do it all again then again...total of at least three toppings on every branch and node you make....dude you will have a fat fat huge wide fat wide large bush completely Fuckin full of nugg heaven happiness....

Comment

Ditto to what Green just said.

Comment

Hell yeah!! I knew I came to the right place. insomniaczzz , Yeah growing out doors is hella risky. Lol, gotta live with the consequences if things go south. You hit the nail on the head in regards to growing outdoors being cheaper. Hopefully this small investment will pay off.

Green75 Will topping produce more than any of the other methods?

Comment

• Green75
                            Green75 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes.......

Yah another outdoor grower....my first time as well...not legal here in nz either but have a fair bit of farm land that I have access to...have 1 control plant at my house so I have a basic idea of what the others are doing...good luck..

Comment

Subbing since my second out of doors grow is 2017. My first only yielded three ounces but I was very slow to cut her.
                            SSD

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X