Shelf Life For Mixed Nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf Life For Mixed Nutrients

Am I able to mix my nutrient solutions a week or two in advance so I can have a friend feed my plants while I am gone? What is the maximum shelf life for mixed nutrients using RO water? I plan to mix the solutions in advance in a large plastic containers and put a lid on it for 7 days or so. I am using Emerald Harvest nutrient if that makes a difference. I am growing in 1/3 Ocean, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 coco. I usually feed once per week (drain to waste) and then water about twice during the week with RO and Cal-Mag (pH balanced after adding nutrients). I am a newbie and looking for some good advice from the local experts. Thanks in advance!

I use emerald harvest as well...about time someone else on here is up to speed..lol

I mix five gallons at a time...it sits for a week as I fish out of it with a loose lid...each time I stir it up and it's good to go...it keeps its ph as well...

That stuff is awesome...

So I would think you would be fine with making it and keeping tight lid on it...

Gotta ask..what's your light and whole setup...

Comment

• kingkola1
      kingkola1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info on pre-mixing nutrients! I am using a Cool Sun XL Reflector and a Hortilux Metal Halide Lamp. I have been following the Dutchman's Medical Marijuana YouTube tutorials and reading all I can learn from the Growweedeasy.com information. I adjust the light for 15,000 - 50,000 lux during veg and 45,000 - 70,000 lux during bloom. Will keep 40% to 70% rh for veg, and 40% to 50% in bloom and try for under 25% rh during last couple of weeks of bloom. Will hold temps 65 to 80 F. Lighting is 18/6 during veg (about 6 wks) and 12/12 during bloom (about 6 weeks). Someone told me to use 50% of the nutrient call out to start off and add more if needed. I agree with Carlsoti too; that is also what I heard about RO and why always use Cal-Mag when using RO. Furthermore, they say add Cal-Mag as the first nutrient when mixing as it helps the mixing of the solution (adjust pH after nutrients are added). I also have been using a bait tank aerator to put O2 in the water during the process of filling my RO tank and mixing nutrients.

My light meter says to add a 10% correction factor for Mercury lamps but says nothing about Metal Halide lamps. Would they have the same correction factor? Cant get hold of anybody at the factory.

So, anyway, that is my plan for my first go at growing. Let me know if you have any other advice.

For being a newbie, sounds like you really have things down pat.

Green, I was going to invest in Fox Farm trio for my next grow. So you like Emerald Harvest better? My last grow, I used no nutes during veg and only used a bloom booster (can't even remember brand name) during flower. And molasses also. I want to do everything right (hopefully) next time.

Comment

And why does everyone use Cal-Mag? Is that pretty much a needed supplement for all soil grows?

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's like a one a day vitamin for us...just vitamins they need

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X