Darkness during veggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Darkness during veggie

Hey guys! 1st time grower here .so I made my own diy grow tent, with a top and a bottom section .The top is a small section for starting plants, I tried to make it 100% black in there when it's closed but I'm afraid the light may or may not get in from the door I have made, and if lightldoes get in how bad is it during the veggie stage? And also it wouldn't be enough light to be able to see anything in there. I'll post a pic to show what i mean. (My flowering section no light gets in at all)

Not a problem at all during vegatative, as you know it's a humongous problem during flowering.

Comment

Don't veg stage plants get 24/7 light anyway ? Aside from autoflowering, that get 18/6.?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I've heard of the 24/7 method but I was told.on a different forum that if you are doing the 18/6 cycle those 6 hours should be very consistent, Wich they will but there may be a few nights I'm in the room with the light on, so it would be such minimal light anyway. I'm probably overthinking things! Thanks for the help dude

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally veg on an 18/6. Light schedule

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds ass backwards to me. ðŸĪŠ

Itc doesn't really matter during veg causeu can veg 24 hrs light flower u need minimum 12 hrs total darkness

Comment

And after all that discussion - autoflowers are soooooo much easier.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just ordered myself some auto seeds--I realized that before switching to the flowering schedule I'd been faffing around with these plants in veg for over a year. Yes I was able to get my techniques dialed in but that timeframe is a bit ridiculous (it also allowed me to make every mistake imaginable...but again maybe it's good that I got all the mistakes ironed out using free seeds).
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Quite a while ago, a few years, I was supposedly trained by a supposed expert, who wanted to set me up to be his second grow house. He dragged around and put it off and put it off getting me set up to have the flowering room so I had 17 plants in veg for 7 months. I had no idea what I was doing (not that I do now,) but I do know that he made the situation so so stressful when it was unnecessary. At any rate during that time, I learned how to clone, and a little bit about some kind of training. I ended up with a gorgeous mother, but on the day of the first harvest I had an unimaginable personal tragedy and haven't grown since. Until now, and now I am growing Auto, and it has nothing to do with the guy who first introduced me to this.
        The earth does not belong to us.
        We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
        Photos in Coast of Maine
        Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
        PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
        3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
        Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
        12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
        (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
        House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
        9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your input and side knowledge!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X