Blackcurrant Harvesting & Cannabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackcurrant Harvesting & Cannabis

Ah-ha, the perfect cover.....Couple of interesting articles from papers over here. Enjoy

Many residents have questioned the waft in the clouds above the district, which smells distinctively like cannabis

Better then smelling a slaughter house ..but that's a really cool article thanks for sharing p.g

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Round me are hills and pig farms and get the wind coming in from Wales across the Severn and it`s pokey to put it mildly. Quite eye watering on occasions and the hills sorta `swirl` the smell around. Bit like the thunderstorms that hit here, they become `trapped` and roll and grumble around for hours

Pg you made that seem so poetic ...but had to laugh sorry mate.i know the feeling specially on warm or hot days..,.gross.​​​​

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      It`s when you plod outside, take in that early morning air then think `Sod that for a laugh` and plod back in shutting the door. Don`t know what they feed them but it`s eye watering for sure mate. Worst smell was this bag of chicken shit I bought. It said a trowel a yard squared kinda thing right. Thought bit more can`t hurt so chucked the whole bag down right. Well, only had these 2 x 12 foot strips of grass, rest was concrete and this was my back garden, terraced house near centre of Bristol, right. Well, it`s going back a few years now but I reckon I had every fly within a 5 mile radius hitting that yard. I just chucked it on the soil and thought, let the rain wash it in kinda thing. Well, it was hot, there was this biblical plague of flies, an overpowering stench of ammonia and some mega seriously niggled neighbours. Didn`t help that some had their washing out to dry that day. I wasn`t popular. Kept a low profile for a bit after that. Nothing grew on that earth for 2 yrs roughly. Burnt the soil stupid I did. Ah, you live and learn I suppose. Take it mellow, mate .

• Toripony
      Toripony commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, funny story. Never used chicken poo for anything... dad (a great gardener, R.I.P.) always said it would burn stuff up. I remember someone gave him some which he thank them for and then quietly threw away. Had some weed grown w/it a couple years back... so harsh I couldn't smoke it. Better to stick w/mellow manure like rabbit or lama/alpaca.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Toripony You`re right there. Nothing grew. Like a kind of scorched earth war scene. Your dad was certainly right there that`s for sure.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X