Peat Pellet watering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peat Pellet watering

Hey Everyone! I hope all is well and smoky.

I have a really newbie question, I tried finding the info on Google but nothing that helped.

I want to use Peat Pellets (50mm) for seeds and clones. It's an affordable alternative. But how often do I water it? Or do I just soak it and put it in a transparent container (for humidity)? Please help

Hello, this is what I use. I just expand them by slowly adding water to a container with the disk sitting on the bottom. I don't soak disk because I find they get way to saturated. Once disk is fully expanded I will squeeze some water out and fluff up a bit. I paper towel germinate and put my sprout in. Then I put a little container with clear cover and water when it feels light. Once seedling is established it goes in a net pot which I put above my hydro solution In my grow box thing.
    Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
    Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
    Nutes: GH Trio Flora
    Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
    Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Comment

• AdamSavagement
      AdamSavagement commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much! It helps a lot! I'll give it a try

The main thing to know about peat pellets is that that while the seed is sprouting, the pellet needs to stay slightly moist. As a beginner, I've lost several sprouts to over watering because it starves the burgeoning roots of oxygen. A closed container will help circulate the moisture if you're unable to check on your pellets every couple of hours to make sure they're not drying out.

Comment

• AdamSavagement
      AdamSavagement commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks! I'll keep it in the container, but be sure to check when i can

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X