One of my girls doesn't look like the others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my girls doesn't look like the others

I'm brand new to growing, and I'm just curious... Why might one of my 3-week-olds look so different from the rest?

Granted, I planted 9 of my 14 from BUDDHA ASSORTED AUTO. So, this seed was without identification. 11 of the 14 are thriving, 2 are way smaller than the rest, but look normal, just more like the rest did a week ago. This one, however, looks strange. Looks like a rabbit with two big ears.

I'm not worried, just curious. I'm not sure what kind of information I might provide, to help y'all educate me, or offer advice to help me help help her realize her potential. She's under a Hans Panel 180, in Ocean Forest soil, with PH and moisture readings on par with the rest of the plants. I'm guessing some plants are just runts, and some plants are just mutants, and she might be a mutant runt.

Tuesday, I'll be receiving a Viparspectra 1350, which will well cover all these young ladies. For now, I'm using the Hans 180 and a Viparspectra 300, and I put the most thriving plants in the best light, figuring that maximizing what's growing best is likely to produce my best overall yields, and get the best quality I can.

Any suggestions, comments, or questions are appreciated.

SIDENOTE... The color of the Hans Panel looks so much more like sunlight to me than the Viparspectra, it makes me think it is a much better light. However, the growable lit area appears to be smaller than Hans suggested his light offered, and the Viparspectra is SO MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE.

Looks like it might be https://www.growweedeasy.com/weird-o...-topped-itself

But I don't have a side view 😉. I've seen it a lot with autos lately.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• HowardWCampbell
      HowardWCampbell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
      Yes, it looks like it topped itself. Funny, I read that page yesterday and it didn't click until you connected the dots for me. I'll post the side views next.

Side views...

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah looks like it...like I said it's been happening to quite a few autos lately.

Rabbit Ears did self-top, and this is what she looks like 2 weeks later... CLOSEST FAR LEFT PLANT

You can see she's grown nicely, but is still smaller than most of the rest. The plant immediately to her right is still the least tall of all my plants. The 3rd short-starter is 3rd from the left in the front row.

In the picture below, in the back row, I have two plants taller than the rest. I thought they were the same species, unknown to me from BUDDHA ASSORTED AUTO, but when they flowered, one has dark purple in her buds, while the other has an all white/cream color flower. I found that fascinating, because I was convinced they were the same strain. I have a Viparspectra 300 extra high to cover them.

Preview attachment 4224CC8F-8822-415D-B95C-99983B01092E.jpeg

4224CC8F-8822-415D-B95C-99983B01092E.jpeg
    4 MB

MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE HAS BEEN heat/humidity. I live in the mountains in Southwest Arizona. I bought a portable air-conditioner, and that solved the heat/humidity problem as they've entered flowering. Heating and Lighting... I started with a Hans Panel 180, which appears to be a great light, but didn't adequately cover the 4x4 area in which I am growing. I bought a used ADVANCED PLATINUM P900 from eBay, but it showed up with about 1/12th the LEDs not working, and I sent it back. Then, I got a used VIPARSPECTRA VT1350 from Viparspectra, and again about 1/12th the LEDs not working, which I will send back Monday when my new BESTVA DC 1800W arrives. The Viparspectra ran hotter than the Advanced Platinum, and now that my plants are flowering, I couldn't use my evaporative cooler. That's why I got the portable air-conditioner ($180 used via Amazon Warehouse).

I imagine the Bestva will run much cooler than the Viparspectra. It weighs a lot less, 10 lbs vs 35 lbs. I'll let y'all know if you are interested. I am impressed with how big their sale is, with free FedEx shipping, this light is only $139 and delivered in 2 business days. If you are interested in their sale, here's the link
    Light brand BESTVA Grow was established in Califorina, where we elaborate the lights and provide service support. We produce lights with quality parts, like diodes SAMSUNG lm301b or Meanwell driver, high quality aluminium coolers or control systems. LED Grow Lights Quantum Boards The output values of our lights are

MY BIGGEST MISTAKE SO FAR was misunderstanding how to use the Fox Farms trinity. This is my first grow, and I had not downloaded the nutrient feeding schedule, and I misunderstood about mixing nutrients, and so I was only adding one nutrient per watering. That will change with tomorrow's watering. Thursday's watering will have even more of their nutrients, as I ordered 6-pack of their products after reading the feeding schedule. I have two plants with Nitrogen deficiency, which I identified through the amazingly helpful section on Dx'ing sick plants, and the two plants had yellowing leaves at their bottom. DO I PLUCK THESE YELLOW LEAVES?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X