Hermie in the hen house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie in the hen house?

Can you tell by my close-up if this plant is a hermie?

This is my very first grow, the 14 young 3-week-olds you see in the foreground. A neighbor was about to throw out the plant you see in the background, because police had visited the house next door for a completely unrelated situation. So, I adopted this 'girl' 7 days ago, leaves all drooped over, re-potted her, and put her in a small grow tent inside my larger grow tent, because she's not autoflowering, and all the ones I started from seed are autoflowering. Her leaves expanded within an hour of watering, and she grew 3" the first two days. This was exciting for me to witness.

I know it was risky, albeit maybe stupid, to take an outdoor plant and bring her into my grow tent. Pests and other considerations aside, I'm afraid she's a hermie. My biggest fear with this is of her pollinating my 3-week-olds.

I am grateful for suggestions, and opinions.

Hey HWC, that looks like a male and I'd be getting it out of there.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS is correct - no wonder your neighbor wanted to get rid of it.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147, now that's some funny stuff.

Throw it out and clean your tent really good or you'll get pollinated

Comment

Yup, definite male, get it out fast and destroy it. With your plants being young, you have plenty of time to move them out of the tent and wipe down every nook and cranny of that tent. I'm no expert but I believe your plants are way to young to be pollinated but the pollen can live in your tent plenty long enough to pollinate your plants later .
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

THANK YOU each, and ALL.
        I am so grateful for the knowledge. He's gone. Cleaned the mini tent super-well. Cleaned around the mini-tent well.

Can 3-week olds get inseminated?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          no they cannot, until flowering that is, buds are made of calyxes and pistils which are made to catch the pollen that male of yourse will produce and create seeds in order to reproduce, any pollen in your grow are wil become infertile dust in a couple of weeks so nothing to worry about

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Plants that are flowering become pollinated. They need pistils to seek out pollen. You should be 👌. Just make sure you clean real good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X