Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with these 2 wack GG4 autos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do with these 2 wack GG4 autos?

I'm not too enthused with these 2 GG4 autos. Am not sure they are worth my time and electricity. Any thoughts?

Quick background... In between spring and fall indoor grows, I thought I would put a couple of quick and easy autos outside here this summer that I could harvest around Labor Day. I'm in the PacNW rain forest and my yard gets only 5 hours of sun in June and is diminishing every week now. Figured even only a couple of ozs from free sunlight might be a worthwhile investment. Problems started when only 1 of 3 seeds popped in late May; 4 weeks later only 1 replacement seed popped. Now the giant plant #1 on right in photo is about 50 days old and has just barely revealed 2 tiny pistils. The little plant #2 on the left is about 20+ days old and is already flowering! It was only outside about 10 days. #1 was outside several weeks, grew that big fat stalk with humungo leaves and did a lot of stretching. It was already 4 feet tall with a stiff stalk that would need major training/bending for my little 6 feet tall greenhouse/shelter. #2 is a little pale and barely has 8 tiny branches.

I decided to bring them into the empty grow room and see what I could do. Now they're getting 19 hrs of light/day but it's weaker light. As you might be able to see, I'm trying to train them along the underside of my screen like vines in hopes that the branches will do something with the additional light. But I'm using an 8 bulb t5 fixture for growing low and level canopies in scrog. I'm not sure I'm going to get enough bud from these to pay for the electricity, much less my space and time. I plan to start my fall indoor grow (photoperiod) in that room at end of August and it's going to be a PITA to get everything level under the lights.

I have no experience with autos or GG4. Does GG4 grow big buds? Do you think this monster will finish flowering in time (supposed to be a 90 day)? Do you think the little one will produce even one oz? Should I just put them back outside with little hope and attention? Or maybe just use them for experimentation? On the other hand, maybe I could add one of those cheap ($50) LED panels to my little greenhouse to supplement the short daylight?? I'm at a crossroads and my lack of experience leaves me in need of direction. Opinions welcomed!
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Think the light is keeping you from getting you to where you want to be. More light is better up to a certain point. That's why you're getting a lot of that leggy growth. I have a gg4 photo and autos growing right now you can check them out by clicking on the links in my signature.

My auto gg has surprised me with growth so far and the photo is almost done. I'll have to weigh them up to really tell you but they're some fat dense nugs. It's okay to continue for practice...it makes us all better growers to learn from our experiences. I'd read up on all the great info on gwe starting from the basics it will give you great insight to grow some top shelf buds. Good luck!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Toripony
      Toripony commented
      Editing a comment
      I had several 1/4 oz and a couple of 1/2 oz colas on my WW grow under the t5's, so I know what's possible, but that was much more controlled grow. I feel like these are all wrong for my grow room and now I'm doubtful of what's going to come from them. Wouldn't be a problem if I had more sunlight in the yard.

Practice it is! The weather made the decision for me... it's 95 degrees now so they're staying indoors. This has turned into an experiment in plant training. I'm a tyin' and a tuckin' and they're lovin' the light. Got to get more bud sites level across my lights, so they are going from vertical to lateral.
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X