Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about sampling before harvesting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about sampling before harvesting.

Sooooooo, I read that your could go ahead & harvest a bud before doing the whole plant, if you want to see just how it's going to be. Question is, if you do that by the time you dry, cure your sample bud the rest of the plant is just going to keep on growing/ripening????? You get my drift? So how would one go about doing that without the rest of the plant getting past your "ideal" harvest time?

The answer to the first question is, yes. The original just keeps on growing. Take your bud, dry, cure it, test it, etc. At the same time, you stay the course with the original plant. Nothing changes. When the time comes for the "ideal" harvest, then you harvest the original and follow the same process. I hope that answers your question. If not, then I'm the one who's confused lol.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Yeah, the buds will develop more amber trichomes and ripen while you are drying and curing your buds, but this takes longer than some people think. You could take a smaller sample that matches what you're mostly seeing on the plant(some buds develop slower than others), dry it somewhat quickly over a few days and test it. it won't be as perfectly smooth as your real dry and cure, but the high will be a good indicator of where the plant currently is.

Comment

I just cut a bud. Chip it into little pieces and put it in the vape at 220C and blast it until it’s dark and burned. All the flavor and effect with literally no wait at all

Comment

Wow, you folks are better about it then I am!
          Sometimes I just clip a bud and smoke it! Well, sometimes I let it dry out for a couple of hours, or a day. Gotta be kinda careful doing that, or you can get a harsh hit if not!
          Guess I am sorta different,I suppose...
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Donnies58, yeah, you got like a 2-3weeks harvest window ,before it gets over ripe, so after you take your sample, just keep an eye on the other buds, till they get like you want them. Just don't harvest too early, is the main thing ,to me.

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            I personally haven't been tempted enough to try any of my buds before harvest. I've only gone as far as allowed a small nug (after trimming) to dry a day or so, cure for about 3 days then smoked it just to see what's up. Not much of a fan of testing before harvest.

Thanks, different answers are fun. Don’t know about the vape thing though. That’s a new one on me. We’re getting closer but I do believe I will wait a little longer.

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are into flavor and aroma vaping is the way to go. Not the oil type vapor pens. The ones you can use bud. Not that Im against the oil vap pens. Great to have around. People just assume you are smoking nicotine.

Howdy Donnies58, I cut the sample bud, place it in a partially closed foil pouch, and bake it for about 45 minuets at 170° to 180° F, then smoke it. It is not as harsh as fresh, but not as smooth as a four month cure.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I used the open paper bag technique someone here shared with me. With some extra flame I could smoke the sample in about 2 1/2 days (pick immediately at morning light, smoke at night) but worked better at 3 days. Depends on your humidity.
            FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
            Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
            Flower 600w HPS
            alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
            1st grow White Widow
            Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• Shade
              Shade commented
              Editing a comment
              That's exactly what I did after accidentally cutting off a small bud about 5 weeks into flowering. I left it in an open paper bag in a well ventilated room. Didn't want to waste a gram sized nug, but it was still way to early to know what the plant will be like in this case.

I like to cut a bit and put it under a lamp on a plate or paper towel(if paying attention and flipping regularly).
            Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
            Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
            Nutes: GH Trio Flora
            Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
            Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X