Dry Ice Hash w/fresh frozen trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Ice Hash w/fresh frozen trim?

Has anyone used fresh frozen trim to make dry ice hash? Is there anything special that needs to be done? Or should one dry the trim and make dry ice hash?

Just put it in the hash bag together with the dry ice and shake away.

Comment

He said it all. Lol

Comment

(right)!!!

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          DW2 first ive heard of that but im not close to even an amateur.

Howdy NV099, I would not recommend making the Dry Ice hash from wet trim (or wet bud either) because the dry ice, at -109° F, will freeze the water in the trim/bud and allow it to pass thru the screen as well as the tricomes. The ice melts and can allow mold to start to grow. If You dry the hash well, it might not be any problem. I bake my hash after extraction to use it in capsules.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cab1080, I bake the DIH at 215° to 220° F, in a closed foil pouch, for 2 and 1/2 hours. I then put it into capsules (size 0) and take them as needed for pain.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          how do you figure dosage DW2 or is it a capful very interested in this dw2 , I presume you bake it to decarb it ,how long does it take to affect you , I'm out of hash right now, put everything I had in with some bud for rso but I have a ton more plant material to run

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100, I SWAG'ed the amount, the size 0 has about the same volume as what I would use in my pipe (a real scientific wild assed guess indeed! LOL). The time that it takes to feel the affects varies from 20 minuets up to a hour, depending on what is already in your stomach and when it was ingested. The caps do not come on as strong as a good hit from the pipe, but does seem to last longer than a hit from the pipe. being a 'cheap ass', I worried about wasting what was left-over after making the DIH, after all, the point is for Yo to get wasted, not the weed! LOL!! I have two quart jars of 'left-overs' that I am planning to try to extract the 'goodies' using some Everclear. With this last grow, I changed my method (everyone can decide if it is madness or not) by just grinding up the bud or trim, as the case may be, baking it and placing it into the caps. No waste, except for the large stemmage. A couple of the trim caps in the AM generally keeps me comfy up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and two of the bud caps at night allows me to sleep though the night.

DW2 what i said sounded wrong. As my superior used to tell me back in the day you (as in meaning me) arent even whaleshit yet. I am still the stuff stuck under the whaleshit.

what im saying is I know so little that im down playing tball still. Maybe someday. Lol

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a problem. We are (or should be! lol) all learning as we go.

NV099 ,yes, it's simple, fresh frozen trim-bud, produces way ,way more hash. Than if your trim-bud is dried first.Super easy to make, plus it's good stuff to, hellava buzz.
        Nothin like the hash we used to get, back in the day. I think that stuff was mostly insense, that dry ice hash is the real stuff.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Take the frozen trim, dump it out on clean cardboard and spread it out to dry for a couple of hours before you make the hash.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I've been sticking the trim in gallon sized ziploc bags and have been putting it in the freezer until I have more time to do the dry ice hash. I hope that when i take it out its just not one solid ball of ice, cause it's looking that way right now.

Comment

I keep a paper bag under my table and all the leaves that I trim during my grow goes in the bag. I don't put it in the freezer 'till I get ready to make hash. Then I put the bag in the freezer over night. It gives it just the right consistency the next day to crumble up in the Hash Bag.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X