No announcement yet.

What is Happening to my plants - Near Death - Need Help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yesterday morning (After waiting 8 days) for my pots to dry out, I watered with low amounts of nutrients (385 PPM to be exact). There was very minimal run-off.
    Now 24 hours later, leaves still major wilting, curling. I'm on day 30 flower and buds are only about 1/2" tall. Am I even going to get a harvest? What am I missing? I've done everything as suggested by all Campesino Chefbjy D.A.A.S.69
    Last edited by MrGreenGenes; 07-30-2018, 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Indoor 3 x 3 x 6 Tent, fan & Carbon Filter
    Grow Light: KindLED X40
    Medium: Organic soil in 3 gallon pots
    Humbodlts Secret A,B + Golden Tree, Mammoth P
    Strains: Purple Punch, Cosmic Glue, Girl Time

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you post another pic? Over and underwatering usually present the same issues wilt and curl. 8 days is a long time to go without water with potted plants imo. What size pot and what is it made of? Do you have sufficient drainage? Since it's the first time getting nutes it may need a little time to soak them up.

• MrGreenGenes
      MrGreenGenes commented
      Editing a comment
      Chefbjy I have 3 plastic gallon pots. Drainage is great, into trays which I do not let any water sit in. Hopefully nutes are being ingested.

• MrGreenGenes
      MrGreenGenes commented
      Editing a comment
      Campesino I've done two (pH only tap water) flushes. I ran about 3 gallons through each one to get my run-off PPM down to around 400. For this last fertigation I had low nutrient PPM due to wanting to be gentle after flush. My next two upcoming waterings (Monday & Thursday) will be just pH balanced 6.7 tap water, followed by full nutrient fertigation of 800-900 in about a week. Most recent PPM inflow 1190, run off was 1010. About 170 difference between in / out. The horrible burn is from prior issues. Not currently burning. BUT, wilting, drooping, buds not putting on growth. Their is some new lower/mid growth that looks normal. But beings at day 30 I'm not sure about forth-coming bud development. UGGGGGG!!!!
      Last edited by MrGreenGenes; 07-30-2018, 02:55 PM. Reason: typo

Makes sense, That runoff was about 550 ppm. I will crank up nutrients ASAP. Even though pots currently have water, should I do an emergency watering with proper nutrients to get them in the container??

Comment

• MrGreenGenes
      MrGreenGenes commented
      Editing a comment
      Very good, thank you for continued help. Understood. I will do that. It's going to be a miracle if I have a harvest.

Pics of today's progress. Day 30 flower. In recovery / troubleshooting mode. They look like they have been to war.

Comment

This plant (Girl Time strain) from clone, spent 9 weeks in veg and 4 weeks in flower. NOW DEAD!
      Today I had to remove it from the tent. It only had a hand full of shriveled up dead dry leaves. Nothing I did for this plant worked, The container had very wet soil. She just wouldn't drink. I thought for sure the roots were going to be rotten but not the case. When I pulled her out of the container she hardly even had roots. They were only about 4 inches long. So, the root problem was, "I had no roots".

I attribute the loss to:
      Possibly the 9 weeks in veg stage under very low powered, non full-spectrum lights, no PPM Monitoring, and not feeding plants the correct nutrients following a feeding schedule.

I have two more plants in the tent (Different Strains) that are have the same look (just not as bad) as the dead one. So is their anything I can do for these two plants to get them successfully through harvest. The plants are currently day 35.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MrGreenGenes; 08-03-2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	233774Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	233775

Okay, here's the final pictures of the roots from the dead (Girltime) plant.
        I think they look healthy, but the issue is ... there are hardly any! The root system never developed beyond size of softball. (Sharpie in pic for scale reference).
        No wonder they felt like they were tipping over in the pots.

The plant in the pics reached only 24" in height. It was in 3 gallon soil pot. The plant never stretched when put into flowering. It's 15 weeks of growth. (9 weeks veg 6 weeks flower).

The reason I was fighting so many issues is the plants hardly developed any root structure to support growth, ergo, death.

This is due to the following (1st Grow newb):

During Veg:
        1. Extremely Insufficient LED works lights (non-full spectrum and not strong enough)
        2. Not checking PPM/EC run-off
        3. Intermittently used generic powdered NPK nutrients, which I stopped using when I went into flower. I thought my newly purchased nutrients would fix it all but it was too late.
        4. Over watering, used the finger to knuckle method instead of meter at root base
        5. Lack of microbes and enzymes

During Flower:
        1. Over watering
        2. Improper mixing of nutrients and feed Campesino

Even though I semi-maintained watering and feeding schedules it was no match for plants with hardly any roots.
        Moral of this story is that Everything Matters! Much learned. Looking forward to applying this new knowledge on grow #2.
        Thanks to all for your help with this plant.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you have enough perlite in your soil in the future.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X