how do i get rid of soil mites or root aphids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i get rid of soil mites or root aphids

when i water my plants they come crawling out from underneath the soil.. diatomaceous earth wont work since they are under the soil and only comes out when i water my plants thus leaving the top of the soil too wet for d earth too work.. will need oil fix this?

Are u still in veg if so if use neem oil if ur in flower use insecticidal soap cause neem can leave a bad flavor

Comment

Definitely get a positive ID on them, as soil mites are actually benifecial, root aphids on the other hand, are bad. Species such as a. Miles, will actually eat the root aphids, and can be purchased( though expensive as $H..
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed The Oribatid mite is a type of soil mite that is commonly found in wooded areas where it often assists in the breakdown of organic matter. ... They are generally drawn to decaying organic matter such as leaves, moss and mold.

Sm90 will work and is beneficial to the root system.

Oh and it smells great.

Comment

DEarth, will work on your bug problems, cover the surface of you soil with DEarth, And then water the DEarth into your soil, it want hurt anything, it's made out of silica anyhow, and that's good for your plants, although it will raise your ph some.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

i have d earth mixed in with my soil and i water with d earth / silica regulary i believe d earth dont work when wet and dont get dry enough to do what its suppose to do i feed it anyway for its silica

redwasp yeah i was using ffof but when i top dressed with some compost mites got in there i know now not to mix that stuff next time and stay away from using shit from outside unless im sure its clean.

yeah im still in early veg ill try and get some neem oil shoiuld i get regular neem oil or should i get a neem oil pesticide..

Comment

I dont use neem oil much so I just got regular neem oil from walmart. On My inside plants I only spray the soil good if needed. And never close to the flip. I prefer sm90 but it isnt cheap but can use it in flower if you have to, think the Borg ie spider mites. You can use alcohol mixed with water. Think 10 to 1 10 being the water but I forget. Someone can correct me. I never use the same thing twice as bugs seem to build up a tolerance. I usually dont have issues much in the house. Its mostly outside where I have issues. But our farms are all organic so dont even use chemicals on any of our fruits or vegetables either.

I think if you let your soil dry out real good between watering it would fix your issue. Only time I have issues inside is when I dont let the soil dry out properly between waterings.

Comment

• freddyyola
              freddyyola commented
              Editing a comment
              it turned out to be spring tails so im not worried about trying to get rid of them

• freddyyola
              freddyyola commented
              Editing a comment
              but yes im letting my soils dry out for sure and for now on water more apart im just so eager ya know being a first timer lol im deff learning alot this grow my next grow will be 10 x's better for sure.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X