First Harvest! Opinions on when?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Harvest! Opinions on when?!

Hi everyone, This is my very first grow and harvest! This plant and I have come a long way... she nearly died at one point! but I managed to save her before it was too late. Anyway, after what seems like years, I think she may be ready to harvest V soon? Would love some opinions as I've never had to do this before!

(I also made a post about the problems I was having when she nearly died, Incase anyone was wondering haha https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...plant-is-dying )

Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the bad quality on the 2 pics with flash. Was hard to get a good focus from the camera with just the flash! haha

Comment

Good job dude! That looks more than promising.
      Looks like someone did their homework.
      I'm glad you saved your plants as it would have been a pity seeing such a nice looking plant dead. I couldn't find the strain on the other post's comment section. So what do we have here?
      ​​​​​​Also look out not to harvest too late!
      Once the trichomes will start to get amber, you'll gradually get a more sleepy and couch lock effect, you probably know this. Better get a magnifying glass and check out when they get milky. Harvest is as important as the whole cultivation stage. And then there's also drying and curing!
      "Ohh, those crazy potheads."

Comment

• drumster361
        drumster361 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I've learnt a lot since I started, but my biggest mistake was using Miracle Grow soil I think haha

The buds look amazing considering how sick the plant was, I cant wait for them them to be perfect!
        also I meant to add another pic regarding the trichomes, I have a Macro lense that I tried taking a pic with to see them. I'll post the best pic I got of them below

Thanks man!

• Sj9820
        Sj9820 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking great dude. SWIM your avatar is awesome serious 👊

• SWIM
        SWIM commented
        Editing a comment
        Sj9820 hahah, thanks dude.
        I'm a big fan of OPM, also I'm shiny bald and paranoic, I thought it will fit.

drumster361 indeed, the photo is unclear.
        But as I hardly see after blinding over it.. they still look transparent and need more time. I'd give them probably another week. Remember it's better harvest sooner than later!

I know it's a bit blurry, but my plant is 7ft Tall and it's actually really hard to hold a super Macro lense steady at that hight! hahaha but you can see that the trichomes are rather clear i'd say? but i'm no expert so not 100% sure really. Thoughts?

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        wait for cloudy at least. yes these look clear

7ft tall... wow. Mind taking a pic of your setup? Looks cool.
      I beleive it is too early to harvest. Personally I wait for the first sight of amber on the tip of the trichomes.
      Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

What is the strain sir

Comment

• drumster361
          drumster361 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure! found a seed and decided to give growing a go! haha couldn't recall what the strain was when I planted :s

drumster361 , great job with your plant, beautiful buds, still looks like she's got at least a couple of weeks to go to me, plus shes only gonna get larger in that time.
        I don't know how you like yours, but like SWIM says, I like to see some amber on my buds, not leaves, before I harvest.
        About the worst thing you can do is harvest early, unless you like to have your heart beat out of your chest.
        Get a loupe or microscope and wait until you see some amber trichs on your buds, before you chop her down, you will be glad you waited.
        Nice job though, hang in there ,you ain't got long to wait.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• drumster361
          drumster361 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man! I'll make another post when they're done if anyone interested in seeing the finished result.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck yeah, we are always interested.

As D.A.A.S.69 says, the harvest period depens on your tastes. I forgot to mention it because I highly suggest to harvest earlier (when trichomes are cloudy), since it can be risky to wait for amber, especially as a beginner. Many strains can flash from one to another in a short interval of time, I made this mistake.

Half cloudy/half clear trichomes give a more cerebral, energic "sativa like" high.
        Full cloudy trichomes have the highest percentage of THC, and give a more intense, euphoric type of high.
        Once they turn amber, the CBN percentage gradually increase over time, giving a more indica type of high, until you get the couch-lock effect.
        That's why I prefer walking on the border.. making sure I'll get an acceptable crop in both cases (even if not the desired one), than waiting for the perfect, risking to harvest sleep pills.
        But sure, that's my opinion..
        In fact I usually look for energizing type of weeds since I use poppy to relax and help with insomnia.
        "Ohh, those crazy potheads."

Comment

yellow Yeah sure, my set up is very home made DIY and not exactly eye candy, but it works for me! haha

Comment

• yellow
            yellow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats cool! I appreciate a diy setup, people generally have some interesting ideas.
            Is that sound deadening behind the plant?

• drumster361
            drumster361 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! i'll get a better set up going when I can grow more. and yeah it is haha It's in a studio currently haha

Nice looking plants and flowers! Got me thinking that growing a mystery seed for change might be a lot of fun. Just going by what I've learned here, wait till your white hairs turn brown and wilt, watch for the buds to swell and get firm and then keep a close eye on the trichomes. Looks like all that might take another week or two for you at least, just guessing. I'm also getting the impression that every plant has it's own "personality" so listen to your gut feeling when you think it's done, just don't be in a hurry. When it gets really close I start a routine of checking (photographing) trichs and taking tiny samples every 2-3 days. Someone here suggested drying the samples in a paper bag about 3 days which worked great for me, giving me a fairly good feel of potency and type of high.
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• drumster361
            drumster361 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! I'll definitely be checking it quite regularly.
            but that's a good idea though, may have to give it a go

Looking good.
          My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
          My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
          My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
          My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X