No announcement yet.

Northern Lights Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two NL autos sprouted June 4th & 10th, both are about 48" from dirt even after super cropping a few days ago, they are still climbing. I kept my room at 77F@50%rH and just recently dropped to 75F@40%rH. Your buds are stacked better than mine - I have no ventilation in the room beside natural convection. I have been watching both yours and uncledougs grow for the same concerns. I'll get some new pictures up soon.

Since this is my first grow I thought I'd post a few pictures to see if everything is looking good so far. I can't find my misplaced notebook but believe the
    Last edited by hycheese; 07-29-2018, 03:34 PM.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      They look good man! hycheese They are a full 1-2 weeks younger than mine so don’t stress, mine also didn’t start budding till fairly late (around end of week 5) Just keep doing what ur doing they will fatten up and start getting crystals, there’s another fella on here in a similar situation with NLautos, he’s now on week 12 and has atleast another 3-4 to go, some just take longer than others :/

UPDATE: Plants have got thrips! Should I do anything considering I am nearing harvest? Here are close ups of the nugs, Day 67 & 69.

Comment

UPDATE: I have left the thrips, only seems to be a few of them anyway, plants now on day 71 & 73. Should I start to flush? Can I continue to feed molasses during flush? Please let me know as they are due a feed very soon

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i dont use molasses but i think you should only cut off macro nutrients N-P-K and calmag

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        I stopped using moe or anything else, just PHed water for a flush. Leaves will yellow more and more with each flush.
        Last edited by Potted; 08-06-2018, 05:23 PM.

• rizcuny
        rizcuny commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not 100% sure I should be flushing yet as I still have quite a few white hairs

Day 73 & 75. Day 75 plant is looking very close all hairs have curled and darkened just waiting for my jewellers loupe to arrive, day 73 plant is looking a bit behind, still some white hairs sticking out. The last feed the both had was about 6 days ago, of pure water, big plant had about 5litres the smaller had 4 litres, this was because I had a lot of nutrient burn. I am going to give there next feed today but not sure what to give, they are in 3 gal pots. Can I add molasses during flush? Is the day 73 plant ready for flush or only day 75 plant? As there are still a fair amount of white hairs on it. Any help is much needed and appreciated as I need to water them ASAP!

Comment

Last 2 pics are older plant

Comment

Water em with molasses if you wish - I would not water them with nutes anymore.
          Cola looks great!
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• rizcuny
            rizcuny commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I gave the Day 73 girl 3 litres of water with molasses and 1ml of bloom do very very light, she should dry up in the next 2-3 days and that’s when I’ll start just pure water and maybe molasses. The day 75 girl I gave about 9 litres of pure water

Day 75 & 77, approaching week 12. Have got no loupe yet to check the trichs but I think I should maybe harvest the older girl? Please let me know what u think, I don’t wanna miss the harvest window and I also am going for a more chill effect

Comment

Here are pics of most mature colas, I am going to harvest selectively though, Day 77,

Comment

Day 78 & 80

Comment

• uncledoug
                uncledoug commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69, Does molasses work with coco coir or only soil?

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                uncledoug, I've used it in coco and soil, but to me it does better in soil, But that's just my opinion,

• uncledoug
                uncledoug commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69, Thanks, think I'll give it a try.

Found this little worm looking think hanging from the tent, don’t know what from but it was hanging

Comment

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh no, will they eat the buds? I really just wanna harvest now :/ not very sure on what the trichomes are like either!! The loupe isn’t great and I’m having trouble identifying the difference between clear and cloudy. Also what percent amber did you harvest your NL? Thanks D.A.A.S.69

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bud worms will get inside your buds, and eat em up. Just keep an eye on your plant,
                Don't harvest early though, you will regret it if you do.
                I try to let mine get 20-30percent amber, it's gonna be slow, but you will be glad you waited for them to get ripe first,
                Similar to trying to eat a green banana, you don't want to do that.
                Growing will teach you all about being patient.

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                How slow ??😬😬 D.A.A.S.69 here are some pics of the trichs now if u can make anything out

Comment

• hycheese
                hycheese commented
                Editing a comment
                What power loupe did you get? yours looks a little more powerful than mine. Coming from a person who has never seen trichs before a few days ago your second picture may show a handful of dark ones.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                rizcuny, rizcuny, nice pictures, it don't take long after you start seeing a few amber.
                Maybe 1week or longer. Some turn amber quicker than others.
                Watch then trichome heads on them stems, they will also swell up and start falling over, cause they are full of the good stuff.
                Your trich heads ain't swelled up yet, but they sure are looking good and getting there.
                You still got a good many clear trichs. But have a little patience, and come harvest time you will be glad you waited.
                If you harvest early, all you get is a rapid heat beat and you start peeking out the windows, looking for the law, for about an hour or two, lol.

Day 90 & 92 since germination. Have been away for the past week, flushed 5 litres per plant before I left (in 10L pots) and trichomes were still pretty clear. Went home today to water again and checked trichs very briefly, they seem to have swelled up and look pretty cloudy now but I didn’t check for very long. Gonna be going home on Tuesday to hopefully harvest if the trichomes are atleast 15% amber with all the rest cloudy. Will get pics on Tuesday

Comment

I think your really going to like the buzz, I do.
                Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
                Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
                36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
                4 bulb T5's for Veg.
                2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
                IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
                3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Buds have pretty much stopped drinking now pots seem to be just staying the same after water, fan leaves and even sugar leaves now are turning brown and crusty and can just touch them and they fall off, tent and soil surface is riddled with thrips, not what they used to look like but black flying ones now... I have a poor loupe and struggle to tell the difference between clear and cloudy but can’t see any Amber I don’t think, I did flush very early and am on day 95 now. Think I may just harvest as I recon the buds will just detoriate considering there just sat in wet buckets with a load of bugs flying around and brown crusty leaves that used to be sugar leaves. Please let me know what u think

Comment

• rizcuny
                  rizcuny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe give them a dark period? They have been in light for 24 hours everyday since sprouting

Here are some pics with flash, if u full size them u can zoom into the trichs, let me know what you think... Also I heard some autos don’t get Amber

all hairs have been 100% darkened for 10days atleast

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rizcuny, yeah brother, I believe I would cut them down.
                  I ain't never grown an auto that didn't show amber, though, I'm sure maybe some people have though.
                  To hell with the bugs. Take her down, it's gonna be some good smoke.
                  Congratulations

• rizcuny
                  rizcuny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Reading that made me so happy ... do you think I’ve reached atleast 75 cloudy atleast? Can u tell from the pics

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rizcuny, it's hard to tell by the pictures, But your gonna be fine, a good slow dry an after a couple of weeks in the jars, that will take out a good bit of that speedy feeling.
                  It's gonna be good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X