Northern Lights Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Lights Auto

Starting this grow journal of my 2 Northern Lights Autoflower plants, a bit late but I would like this to look back on as my first grow and to help with future grows and I hope some of you will follow along until these beauties are smokable!

Germinated May 25th & May 28th (ExpertSeeds) Day 54 & Day 52 today (since germ). The younger girl is much bigger however her buds are slightly behind.

Setup:
    10 Litre pots
    2ft x 2ft tent
    6” fan
    Carbon filter
    Biobizz nutrients
    CFL bulbs start to finish
    2x 30w 6400K bulbs (1900 lumens each bulb)
    3x 55w 2700K bulbs (3150 lumens each bulb)
    Cheap but is working great (so far)

Daily updates 😎
    Last edited by rizcuny; 07-19-2018, 01:30 PM.

Old pictures of the girls in week 4

Comment

Just after defoliating the girls Day 49 & Day 51
      (Older girl is smaller)

Comment

Currently on Day 54 & Day 52 (Week 8) tent conditions are 28C (82F) 40 - 50% humidity
        CFL’s are a few inches from top colas

Day 54 girl is showing slight canoeing of leaves which she has done since she was a few weeks old, not much I can do about it, temps have already been dropped from 32C (90F) as of a few weeks ago

Comment

Looking good rizcuny . Girls look happy - must be doing all the right things - keep it up and keep us posted.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

rizcuny , beautiful, great job, all i have ever used is the 23watt cfls, but if you can put your wrist an inch or two away from your 55watt cfls, and it doesn't burn your wrist ,your gonna be fine. Just keep a good breeze blowing on them.
          I can see some big Phat nugs in your future. Just wait until the last 2-3weeks, that's when they really swell up, especially when you use unsulfered molasses.
          Excellent job Riz., keep up the good work, ole bud.
          HappyGrowing! !!
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's usually the organic type of molasses - 1 tablespoon per gallon. I usually use it for a flush or flushing near the end cuz it goes straight to the buds.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            rizcuny, you can get it from the grocery store, we use BrerRabbit, brand, we have used GrandamasBrand, But BrerRabbit has got twice the good stuff in it, as the others.
            I have used it the whole grow before, plenty of times, it helps feed the microbes in the soil, but it sure helps swell up them buds the last month or so..You just heat your water a little so it breaks down easier. It ain't but 5or 6 dollars a bottle, just make sure it says unsulfered on the bottle..

• rizcuny
            rizcuny commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Canuck147 D.A.A.S.69

I just chopped down my northern light autos last night (2) of them,trimmed and hung to dry some of the buds were 14” long and as big around as as water bottles .They seem to like the nutes and cal- mag I had mine at 24/7 till transplant and switched to 18/6 with 600 watt hps in 3gal. Smart pots w/ fox farm OF. Lots of cloudy looking mushrooms on the buds,the hardness of the buds is good even now. looking for some great smoke after cure. Good luck with your grow remember it’s a weed it will survive .

Comment

• rizcuny
            rizcuny commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good man, let me know what your final weight is when dry Potted

1tablespoon a gallon, like Canuck said.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 Can’t find any of that in the UK, looks like this is the one, it’s unsulfered aswell

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that will work fine, it just mixes better in warm water.
              Plus it's damn good on buttered biscuits for breakfast. Lol

I’ll be sure to give it a try haha D.A.A.S.69

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              rizcuny, just be sure to ph your solution after you add the molasses, BrerRabbit, drops my water from 7.0 to 6.5ph.

• rizcuny
              rizcuny commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Thanks I’ll make sure I do that. If I’m currently doing an alternating feed every 3 days: nutrient feed then just water then nutrient feed then just water (so nutes once a week) should I add molasses every feed (3 days) or every 6 days?
              Last edited by rizcuny; 07-21-2018, 05:18 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              rizcuny, when they flowering ,like yours, I use 1tablespoon of molasses ,once a week till they are done. And within 1week ,you are gonna see , that your buds have gotten noticeably larger too. Just wait an see.
              Nice job with your plants, just make sure you mix the molasses up real good.

📷

Comment

What a great looking plant! Great pics too - love the third one looking down. Getting closer and closer to the next step - harvesting. Always feel harvesting is the second most fun thing to do with cannabis.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Canuck147 I gotta say I cannot wait until harvest, probably going to end up rolling a joint as soon as it’s dry 😎✌️

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah and make sure your scissors get a little messy - scrape that scissor hash onto your paper before rolling.

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeee I will, can’t wait to roll a fatty Canuck147

Side by side 6 days of bud fattening 🤪

Comment

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                9fingerleafs Ahh okay that’s great to hear 😊 But good luck with your girls scout cookies would love to see some pictures

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                rizcuny, 9fingers is right NLights grow colas as large as the fat end of a baseball bat, yours are looking great, in 2weeks time ,they will be twice as large as now.
                Mine smelled just like pineapples, when I lightly squeezed a bud.
                Great job Riz, keep up the good work !!!

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69 Yes I am starting to notice some real growth now and should only increase! Giving the girls first feeding of molasses tomorrow aswell 😆

Well Ruiz I dried and placed in quart mansion jars last night,7 of them 80% filled with humidity packs. By weight before jarring was 6 and a 1/2 oz I’m sure this will drop with the cure tho. Not a bad yield anyway for a auto, can’t wait to take her out fo a spin 😎 good luck with your grow!

Comment

• rizcuny
                rizcuny commented
                Editing a comment
                Potted sounds good man, would be sweet if u can keep me updated through cure and smoke, I bought some mason jars today 1.5 litre (52oz) instead of 0.9litre (32oz) it’s all they had and i bought 4 of them, if I filled them up about 3/5 full would that be okay or too big? Not too sure about curing as it’s my first grow I dunno if jar size matters too much
                Last edited by rizcuny; 07-22-2018, 04:53 PM.

• Potted
                Potted commented
                Editing a comment
                I try to keep whatever size no more then 80% full,less is better.

Day 63 & Day 65 (beginning of week 10) damn these have been the longest 10 weeks of my life and they’re only getting longer. Tent conditions are 27C - 29C (80F - 84F) a bit too hot and quite a lot of canoeing leaves however I have got Co2 bags, is the canoeing slowing them down? 40% - 55% humidity.

Any predictions on how long they’ve got left until harvest? I’m still hoping they get a fair bit fatter over the home stretch but then again I have got CFL’s :/ Also when should I start the flush?
              Last edited by rizcuny; 07-29-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X