Pre flowers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre flowers?

What's it mean when pre flowers are turning brown and brittle? Seems like all of mine are doing this. No new flowers are showing either.

Pre flowers brown and brittle. Is there any way you can show us what that looks like? Could your light be too close? Just a blind guess.

Last edited by Flockshot; 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM. Reason: add information
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I would assume light burn. I have a tent going with 7 plants. One skyrocketed in height and I couldn’t do anything about it. Top of the bud is getting brown and brittle. Rest of the plant looks good

Comment

• Kevingm1987
        Kevingm1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Would it not be too late? Room is tight in the tent. Also worried about the time line, I haven’t bent yet because I thought it may be too late

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevingm1987, no it's not to late, if you dont it's gonna burn up, if you dont get it out of the way of the light.

• Kevingm1987
        Kevingm1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Daas, couldn’t do it. Stock was too stiff. Felt almost like wood. Had another plant and was able to super crop it and it’s already recovering. As for the one I couldn’t bend, I relocated in the tent and pulled over with a string. Hopefully it will pull it down far enough to get away from the light

Pmoe90 do you have air movement blowing right on them?
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Pmoe90
        Pmoe90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I've got two fans one up top and one going down below. The average temp is 83 lowest is 77

Here's a couple from today. Just wondering if there is something causing the plant to not grow new preflowers.

Comment

I don't think these are pre-flower, no white pistil

Comment

• Pmoe90
          Pmoe90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well damn

Yea, looked it up, Sorry no flowers, those are calyx's The flowers will come out very close to the side shoot nodes.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate to say it but I think you got a photo and not an auto.

Is this right?
        “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          hehehe - love your signature. But I didn't say Constance was a whore - just implied it by saying she is a 'goer'. hehehe

D.A.A.S.69. I'm starting to think the same. It's already a month and 2 weeks. Something should have happened by now. Even my photos are showing signs of pre flowers. Sucks I feel like I wasted some money. I'm not sure if I'll even have space for all my plants now.

LosTweed. That's what I think they are. There's pairs of them up and down the plant. Just no white hairs. To be honest the plant is just becoming a pain in the ass.

I love all my plants I just don't like the all the time.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pmoe90, your right, I've grown a good many autos, and they usually all show pistils, by week 3.
          The 2. I'm growing now showed pistils on day 19.

But I have seen them go over a month ,several times, but barely over a month, like 35-40days
          Good Luck with yours Porcha.
          I know it aggravates me, when they send the wrong seeds.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          DAAS is right - 3 weeks into the grow they should be showing something more...…………...

I'm hoping the one that is flowering gets done soon. Once the auto is done I'll swich the rest of my plants to 12/12. Hopefully all goes accordingly to plan.

Comment

Good chance when you do, it will really take off, you'r getting maxamum veg,

Comment

• Pmoe90
            Pmoe90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Appreciate it. Hopefully I won't run out of space

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X