Bud Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Size

Growing 3 White Widow x Big Bud Autos for the first time. The girls are starting their 5th week of flower. Buds are the size of cherries and all white. First few trics are appearing on the sugar leaves. So, is this normal for w.w. and what will they look like when ready to harvest?? Any imput would help.....Thanks All

They'll look kinda like ths Click image for larger version  Name:	005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	226395Oops these were photo, not auto, my bad.
    Last edited by PRIMO; 07-14-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Your main cola should look something like this.... Just leave them alone, keep doing what your doing and everything will be fine. Get yourself a jewlers loup to check your trichome colors. It's a long hard wait, especially your first grow!!

Comment

Here is some more pictures of white widow autos a couple of weeks before harvest.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          KingKush, might look bad to you, but it sure looked nice to us at the time, i ain't never said I was a good grower.

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69
          I meant that in the best context my growing friend. It was a backhanded compliment, but I meant that in a good encouraging light. It looks good, nice fade, but I know you are a great grower, don't sell yourself short judge (caddyshack)

Is it hot there, we got 60° fog , great summer golf weather!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          KingKush, I kinda thought your were joking,
          Bet yes indeed it is hot down this way, close to a 100degrees, everyday, 90percent humidity. And it's not even September yet, that's when it gets hot down here.
          We try to play at least 9holes, 4-5times a week, sometimes 18.But we play right at daylight.
          If I don't play with these hackers, they will get someone else, to play with, And that's some easy money, I sure don't want to lose that money, lol

Mine has a long ways to go.... Only 3 weeks old

Comment

Just finished my first indoor grow. WW. Don't know if my experience was typical, so take my experience lightly. Harvested at 80-85 days from first flowers, still almost no amber trichs, but it's done and it's gooo-ood. Mine went through a very noticeable "big swell" where the buds doubled-tripled in size over about 10 days. Then they did some calyx stacking (bumps on buds), then got hard as rocks. Then I waited and waited for trichs to change but that was extremely slow. Maybe this had something to do with my garden, but I did read other accounts of trichs never turning even after 12 weeks.
          I was taking closeups of trichs every 3 days to examine but I learned more by taking samples. The last 2 weeks I took samples every 3 days and eventually got to where I should have been taking them every day as the buzz subtly changed quicker and quicker. Next time.
          Primo's photo above is just how mine looked at the end. Or check my other posts here for some of my photos. 2 pics here are about 4 weeks apart (your speed may vary). Be really patient. Keep us posted. Can you get photos?
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Thanks everyone... I can hope to grow them that massive. I'll try for photos ( 66 yrs. old- computer stupid ). The biggest buds are only 1-2 inches long. They are starting the 6th week of flower, and are 8 weeks old. From what i read and everyones help i think she is only half way through flowering ? Spotted first trics a few days ago. Because of this crazy heat wave losing a few sun leaves.. Grow Short Stuff # 1, Critical+ and Dark Purple and they finished around 70-75 days. Want to do his right

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              buffalobuds, I'm 67, and I know what you mean about computer dumb, lol
              It's hard to beat that super-living soil, it just gets better and better, plus all you need is water, you don't even need to ph, your water.
              Sure makes it easy for an old man like me.
              Plus the smoke is even better, imo.
              Good Luck with your grow.

buffalobuds even if they don't get massive, you still get final product and learned a little bit...that's the fun part! I'm learning that different strains like different things so as silly as it sounds I keep notes about each strain I have grown and the different things between the photos and autos. Sad thing is, if I would have done this much note taking in school...hell, I might have been a straight A student...lol. My wife laughs, because yes....we have known each other since school .(over 30 years). Just keep planting and trying new things. My next grow I'm going to do another WW auto but I'm going to fim or top top it... I have played around with the soil mixes, and even went to the dark side and am expierimenting with 1 plant on re using soil.. some will chastise me for that, but I'm wondering because honestly my biggest plant in the photos I posted above....is in re used soil from my jack herer photo grow...

Comment

I am on my 3rd. yr amended super soil. IMO, it get better every year, mico-beasties build up, slow desolving nutes desolve and fresh amendments feeds everything and everyone. So no I don't condemn it, Its the right thing to do. In organics you feed the soil, soil feeds the beasties, they feed the plant, the way nature intended. Everyone wins in tthe end..

Comment

• Pyro1711
                Pyro1711 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am going to make super soil one day....but I need to use up all the FFOF and FFHF I bought... I bought like 6 bags of each because the hydro store was closing and it was on sale..lol. 2 for 1 price.

If you want giant top buds, trim some growth off the bottom of the plant. LOLLY-POP, Baby !!!
              My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
              My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
              My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
              My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X