Got spider mites bad need some info asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Got spider mites bad need some info asap

Was checking my ladies just now after getting home from work and what I've been thinking was NUTRIENTS being sucked from leaves from doing the harvest flush, is actually a bad case of spider mites and I've removed some of the worst leaves but their also on some of my buds webs eggs ect... I really need some help almost harvest time and now this shit. I've got some Garden Safe Neem Oil and was reading on the GWE SITE that it's as good as SM-90. Is it safe to mist the buds as well and how do I go about doing this. I would think if you spray the buds you would have to do something to clean them before harvest I'm not sure never dealt with this problem before and I'm freaking out. Thanks for the help

Yeeez I’ve only had spider mites in veg and I use alcohol and water but I wouldn’t spray ripe buds. Don’t know what to do

Comment

If the "Borg" are in your buds, then you're screwed unless you don't mind smoking dead spider mites and spider webs?

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear that!
        Whatever you do, DON'T spray Neem on the bud's, that will ruin them. Pretty much spraying anything on them once in flower is a no, no for the same reason.

If you could get them there fast enough, Lady Bugs could help out a bunch, maybe help you make it to harvest. Depending on how many plants you got, removing manually could help reduce there numbers, Just take a pair of tweezers, and.... No Just kidding! I have heard of people using a shop vac to remove bugs before, if I was doing it, I would basically put my hand around the end of the hose, so I could control the distance, and keep from just sucking the leaves into it. Maybe practice on the floor first, you can crack your fingers apart to keep from creating a full seal and pullin the leaf in.

If it doesn't seem like you can get most of the little bastards out of your buds with the Vac, them I would cut and toss those, the bad ones I mean.

OH! and get a good breeze going on them asap if you don't already, that will really impair there ability to reproduce, still air will allow them to breed like wildfire.

Best of luck
        Last edited by GreenhouseEffect; 07-13-2018, 09:45 PM.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Oh wow trim sorry to hear, I've no experience will spider mites specially in late flowering but I have heard of people doing bud washing and I believe they use hydrogen peroxide to remove the mites after harvest .I'm not too sure but worth checking into
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen Jorge Cervantes do that for WPM, he would just dunk them in a solution of it, then hang in front of a fan. Can't remember what strength, but you should be able to find it on youtube.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember it was a cup of 3% peroxide in 5 gal of water

Had to harvest last 2 girls and do a bud wash they were bout a week early but was already seeing amber tricks, so don't think it will hurt nothing, hopefully. When I saw that shit it freaked me out had a great grow with them and at the very end this shit happens,oh well guess I messed up so e where, i thought I was doing everything right. Well anyhow after the trimming I looked them over really good after the wash and didn't see nothing so think I may have washed them all down the drain, little bastards. Once I've got them all jarred I'll post the final harvest pics.
          Last night I began the germination of my Original Skunk #1 X2 from Seedsman.
          Before I put anything in my area though I completely bleached the entire area up and down consistently.
          thanks for all the help you've given me this grow and looking forward to POSTING my new grow pics for you all, have a great night.

Comment

I used this stuff a few years ago. https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industrie...43037711&psc=1 Apparently you can apply it to buds without harm.

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              For future reference of course.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X