Soil info Looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil info Looking for help

So i am looking at Pro mix bx is it good to grow in should i add anything? Seen a few Posts saying people love it just i don't want to buy until i know for a fact

i to would like to hear people's opinion as iv'e never used it either an it's everywhere

Comment

Most people say just add perlite i am a first time grower as i am in canada and i soon will be aloud to grow 4 plants i am trying to grow Jack Herer Feminized seeds 2 of them but i made the mistake of using Miracle gro cause a friend told me to so i am trying to transplant them asap.

Comment

I use Promix HP with the mycorrizae - HP = high porosity - which means it has adequate amounts of perlite already.
        Good to go and easy to use.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Shankemdirty
          Shankemdirty commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you add anything in it?

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not add anything to the Promix - and I do not re-use it.

Welcome to the playground Shankemdirty! I am a new grower as well, so my opinions are not well supported. However looking at that MG soil you have...it seems like it is fairly safe to use for a week or two. Looks to be .03/.03/.03 N/P/K, with no time release nutes. That will not “burn” the seedlings, and may have some magical root pumping power. Also, transplanting will cause stress to these delicate seedlings. They look fine to me at this point, I would just give them some TLC by watching for overwatering, suppling light from the correct distance and managing temp and humidity.
        “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• BillBates
          BillBates commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with this. I have used the very same MG mix that you're using now, to no ill-effect. There is no need to hurry your transplant. They will thrive in it for the time being. Just make sure you have good soil when it comes time. Leave them where they are for at least another week, giving time for good root development, then transfer to good soil.... 3 gallon is the smallest pot I use & I only use them for autoflower plants.

As of now i am wondering Bx or Hp Also have 2 more questions what size of Gallon pots should i use My Grow Tent is 32''X32''X63'' and i am not sure if smaller pots have anything to do with how tall the plant will become i am looking to transplant them to 3 gallon pot for their final full grow pot is that good? 2nd question is are my tent temps good i struggle with humidity but my tent goes from humidity levels lowest 41% Highest 68% but it only goes high during the dark period sit's mainly around 50 to 55 my temp's Goes From 73.5F to 78.4F Lights on and when Lights are off it Drops Down To Lowest 67.5F

Comment

If you're growing autos , 3 gallon is fine, I'd go to 5 gallon if photo period plants, it will crowd things up a bit more but you'll get a better yield. You're humidity levels aren't too extreme and temps are ok imo.
          good luck!

Comment

I used Pro-mix and gave it up for coco. Promix is nearly impossible to flush properly. It holds too much water, and is generally just plain more difficult than coco. My 2c.
            completed 7 grows
            what I have learned so far:
            environment maters more than nutrients
            at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
            effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

promix hp can be amended with promix organic blood and bone meal fish meal aasimite dolimite green sand worm castings and alphalpa meal measurements must be accurate for the size of pot the type of pot temps in and conditions in your grow room how many fans in regaurds to how fast soil drys exaust fan how large ...if done correctly you would be able to get away with giving your plants only 2 liters of water every 3rd or 4th day with no issues note final stages of flower may need to be companied by a flower booster once in a while sorry for the rush post its am here and im heading over to the beach for a morning dip.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X