Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My obsession (chapter 2)

White Widow #1

This girl spent weeks 5 - 7 of flower in unchecked heat & humidity. Her quarters were also light-leaky. As a result, she has suffered from tremendous stress but is now back in the controlled atmosphere of my basement at 80°/48%. She begins week 10 tomorrow. Close inspection shows maybe a dozen amber trichs. She is starting to show white pistils again which tells me that the buds are still growing. There is some yellowing of leaves, not exclusive to the bottom of the branches. Also some brown spots. Need help with diagnosis & action recommendations.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

harvest and smoke right away (:

Comment

Think so, for real?
      If the sun always shone
      -- Confucius

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah i mean its 10 weeks into flowering and it had light leaks. i would definitely harvest and make room for a healthy new female to flower

Well, this is my last indoor grow for a while. So there's nobody on deck.
      If the sun always shone
      -- Confucius

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        ohhh in that case you could keep flushing and waiting for the trichomes to be exactly as you like em

I agree, considering the circumstances, ripen to how you want her. Just keep a hawks eye on those buds just incase our nasty little visitor of Botrytis did manage a foot hold, then of course harvest in short order!
      The new white pistils probably being growth that is still ocuring from the previous heat.
      Doing pretty good, considering, though!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Yeah..... considering
        If the sun always shone
        -- Confucius

Comment

Nice to see another crop of WW. Mine finished up that extra growth stuff in week 10. Only a couple of new pistils in week 11. Getting a bit frostier at end of week 11 but nowhere near the snow on yours! Very nice!! Take a sample, give her another week and see. I might leave one of mine till end of week 12 just to find out what it does.
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw the pics of yours, Toripony. Very bulky. Mine were headed that way. As it stands, I'll be tickled to get 2 oz., which is plenty for this trip. I tried a sample last week, or so, when I had to cut some bud rot out. It was yummy!

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, if I were getting any bud rot, I would be harvesting mine right away.
            I have had a pretty bad episode with it though, ended up throwing away about half a pound my first grow, which was about half the crop. Nice big, vigorous plants, with big tight colas. Flowered during monsoon season in the greenhouse, lots of mistakes as far as lack of ventilation, etc.. Made me cry a little

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            I have inspected very thoroughly & I think I'm ok. I reinspect every day. I think I'm going to flush til Thursday & put the hatchet to them on Saturday. By then, I will have a makeshift air filter for the drying area. Fingers crossed that it works else I'll be trying to dry in the same humidity factory that caused this mess in the first place.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X