Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor marijuana grew 3 inches in 4 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor marijuana grew 3 inches in 4 days!

I'm helping a friend with his first time grow. He picked these seeds out of his medical cannabis and planted them. They started to yellow towards the bottom and look unhealthy - I suspected a phosphorus deficiency. I told him it might be time to move them out of a 3 gallon into a 5 gallon. We drove over to a local NorCal gardening chain and got some potting soil, (2) 5-gallon tote pots, and then visited the local hydro store for a Fox Farms trio pack and pH kit. Over the past four days we've observed the foliage turn back to a stable color and after plucking the yellow leaves which came off easily, the plant began to grow and look healthier. In four days it grew thicker, healthier foliage, and shot up 3 inches! I wanted to share the success story with the community and vouch for the power of pH balancing water, using properly dosed nutrients, and bigger pots.

Now, the next step is to dial in the water which leads me to ask two quick questions: how much runoff should be seen in Smart Pots? 10-20%? and when checking the moisture of the soil with your finger, should it be wet or just kind of moist? Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the before/after pics:

before/after picture

Last edited by supreme; 07-08-2018, 03:33 PM.

beautiful plant, i miss my outdoor days ): you are a good friend btw. about your questions, i dont know how much runoff its "best" but the short time i tried to use fabric pots i found if you water too quickly the water pours trough the sides and you get what seems like runoff but its not, and when you water slowly from the center it will get damping wet before the water comes out so a little runoff is sign of saturation. about the moisture, that difference between wet and moist, they are both very subjective terms so my advice is try to lift or tilt the pot and judge by wight, outdoor plants can have the top layer dry out very quickly and lots of water inside

Comment

I always try for 20% in smart pots,and using the finger method I’m looking for dry,dry,dry before watering. Lol

Comment

Check out this link to watering Cannabis.
        Awesome friend for sure!
        Learn everything you need to know about watering your cannabis plants. No more guessing or worrying!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

I went with 15 gallon Vivosun grow bags this year. These are excellent, and were recommended by Oldjarhead. He knows the ins and outs of grow paraphernalia very well. I am only using about 10 gallons of grow medium in them which will be more than sufficient. Due to the abnormally high temps that the GOP says do not exist I have 7 of my pride and joy plants in the back end of my old Kawasaki Mule which I back into and out of a car port attached to my barn. I shade the plants when the temps exceed 100 degrees. I will more than likely flower inside the barn as these plants are gonna be Paul Bunyan height. Due to the high temps I am overwatering a bit. I keep them moist first knuckle deep. When it cools off i will back off on the watering. I don't want any crispy critters. Be sure to tell your friend about GWE, and the forum.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Gallo...llon+grow+bags Great grow bags!
          Last edited by starramus; 07-07-2018, 09:40 AM. Reason: i toopid!

Comment

Originally posted by starramus View Post
            I went with 15 gallon Vivosun grow bags this year. These are excellent, and were recommended by Oldjarhead. He knows the ins and outs of grow paraphernalia very well. I am only using about 10 gallons of grow medium in them which will be more than sufficient. Due to the abnormally high temps that the GOP says do not exist I have 7 of my pride and joy plants in the back end of my old Kawasaki Mule which I back into and out of a car port attached to my barn. I shade the plants when the temps exceed 100 degrees. I will more than likely flower inside the barn as these plants are gonna be Paul Bunyan height. Due to the high temps I am overwatering a bit. I keep them moist first knuckle deep. When it cools off i will back off on the watering. I don't want any crispy critters. Be sure to tell your friend about GWE, and the forum.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Gallo...llon+grow+bags Great grow bags!
            First off: thanks everyone for the support. I'm just having fun taking care of these plants and don't view it as "work" especially because they're pretty strong now and low maintenance.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like your grow is experiencing some high temps for sure. I've been blessed with 85 degree (max) weather here and the plants are loving it. My friend came over on Friday and we dialed in the water (1.25 gal per plant), 1 day later they had grown an inch. It's hard to overwater with the bags - I've observed - and I'm now a huge fan of them because of the comeback these plants have made. Sounds like your farm is the perfect place for the plants and I'd be interested in seeing some pictures. I'm using a Maui Mike Soft Pot and it's been great.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X