Which leaves to prune and when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Which leaves to prune and when

So I've got these discolored leaves on the top and bottom of my plant and I just pruned it a couple days ago... My question is whether to prune it again. Also I'm not sure if I should find a new location for it... I think it may be getting too much exposure cause it's on my roof. Any suggestions would help as it's my first plant. Thanks.

Until you get the discoloration sorted out, hold off on pruning IMO. I usually don't remove any fan leaves until the plant is bigger and healthy.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Since this is your first grow. Do you know the reason for removing fan leaves? Until you understand why some people remove leaves, the best thing you can do is to just let her grow and don't remove any leaves. You just gonna stun your plant. (Just my 2 cents.)

Comment

If it were me, I'd get a 5 gal. fiber pot, some quality soil and add more perlite. Transplant with as little of the old soil as possible. Then water with 1/4 strength neuts. and cal-mag to runoff & put her back onna roof.

Comment

Phosphorous deficiency caused by ? Could be PH, lack of available phosphorous, humidity too high, root problems, and the list goes on. I recommend making sure your root zone ph is healthy, then the environment issues (heat,humidity,airflow,etc), them nutrients.

You may need to decide what you want to have in the root zone, as it relates to PH and PPM, and start pouring it in the top, until the same numbers (or very close) are coming out the bottom. This would be one way to know what the roots are dealing with.

I am assuming that you are not organic in soil.

Also note that once any leaf starts to show visible signs of damage, that leaf will never get better, and even if you fix the problem the damaged leaves will continue to die and fall off.

completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I'm using standard potting soil. As far as nutrients go, I have these plant food spikes I was thinking if using. But there's only 3 left and I'm not sure if it'll help or hinder at this stage. The plant is about 41 days old as well...

Comment

I understand that the materials aren't sufficient. I don't have the funds currently to procure the ideal supplies or I would have done so already. I do have a schedule though.

Comment

“Keep out of reach of children”. Not a good soil
                “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• Mmetalmattm
                  Mmetalmattm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Point taken, I guess that one should've been obvious.

Ewww miracle grow. Is that the kind of soil you used? Decent soil isn't very expensive and a go box or 3 part nute line isn't either. It would be best to read the basics on gwe. It isn't very expensive to start plants off right.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Mmetalmattm
                  Mmetalmattm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I did not use miracle grow soil bruh thanks though. And any spending is expensive for me currently, unfortunately...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X