Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i did not know rain water was ppm of 3-5 basically ro water..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did not know rain water was ppm of 3-5 basically ro water..

i hear its full of nitrogen but did not know its ppm was so low, for now im catching rain for all my feedings..

Whats ppm?
    “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      parts per million

Whats high
    “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

Comment

Me.....me..me

Comment

This was my initial reaction after being told rain contained high levels of nitrogen due to atmospheric contamination. Im sure some places might have high levels, but for the most part i believe rain water is quite pure.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• hycheese
          hycheese commented
          Editing a comment
          @Campesino
          The Day of the Triffids

• hycheese
          hycheese commented
          Editing a comment
          The Day of the Triffids is definitely worth watching, you will not be disappointed.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Think it's a hybrid movie maybe 60/40 😆

Rain water is drinkable

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Facepalm 🤦‍♂️

Originally posted by DANGERDAN View Post
        This was my initial reaction after being told rain contained high levels of nitrogen due to atmospheric contamination. Im sure some places might have high levels, but for the most part i believe rain water is quite pure.
        Campesino commented
        "Yes, it takes bacteria to fix atmospheric nitrogen. They convert N2 (Atmospheric nitrogen) into NH4+ (Ammonium). Other bacteria convert NH4+ into nitrites and then nitrates (NO3-) which are taken up by the plant. With chemical fertilizers we add nitrates which are ready to be absorbed."

Camp, You got me beat on nitrogen fixation but to be fair I changed my major after 2 years of chemistry to electronics in 1982 then 10 years later couldn't figure out why an electronic level sensor didn't work with rainwater, duh.

Sour60 autos.
        3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
        26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
        2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Beats me, i leave the soil/hydroponics to Campesino now. All i know is that EC measures electrical conductivity, which is any impurity in a solution. Regardless what state it is. So it is a low concentration of whatever form it is.

I no longer agree that RO, or rain, water is better than tap water. My water contains a host of trace minerals plus things like calcium in it's EC 0.2. I works just fine and is a lot less trouble. Just say'n
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah not everyone has the same water that comes out the faucet some has well water some has city water and they differ by location so that would make it different for growers in different areas, you might be able to get by with using your tap water but others might not.. some peoples water dont have calcium or not enough and rather have stuff you dont want to be drinking or feeding to your plants..

again this is all up to the grower and the choices they choose to make! free will baby! lol

i have well water and its around 200 ppm i dont drink it but its prob fine to do so, the ph is too low ill double check but i think its like 5 and rain water is closer to 6 and already has a low ppm with a little bit of nitrogen and mostly because its the most natural way plants get their water.. ill use either the rain or well water no i dont care enough to go buy a ro filter or anything fancy..

Comment

au naturale....the only way to go.

Comment

Just be ware destiled water aka rain will fuck up ph pens. My well tap water is 700ppm totally unacceptable. I mix with my drinking bottled water 15ppm to a base 350ppm and then add nutrients

Comment

• LosTweed
              LosTweed commented
              Editing a comment
              Distilled verse rain water... can’t be comparable

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Why not? It is the same evaporation - condensation cycle

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X