Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to return used glass pipe back to new by cleaning w/ a chemical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to return used glass pipe back to new by cleaning w/ a chemical.

Interested to know what kind of solvent or specific product would clean up a used pipe. MEK, turpentine, mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, etc perhaps.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Iso and salt
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used this

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say the iso will do it on its own but the salt really can’t hurt anything

If it's not full of tiny crevices or old dried on resin, a hot hot waterflush works for me.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup pipe cleaners definitely worth it.

I hate cleaning my glassware so I have multiple(pipes&bong stems). One gets dirty I grab another until all but one is left. Then the lot goes in a metal coffee can with water. I simmer on a gas grill, and one by one, I remove with tongs. Pouring out the resinous water from each piece until nearly clean. Then a rinse with 90% or better alcohol. Then a final rinse with clean water.

Bongs I use alcohol and rock salt. Good amount of each and agitate until clean. Rinse with alcohol and final rinse with water.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

You can just soak it in isopropyl alcohol for a few hours it’ll basically just rinse clean after that
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to do that. But this method is faster when its really dirty.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured the salt was like an abrasive to scrub it

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and it wont dissolve in alcohol so I reuse it too.

I wouldn’t use any of the things you listen . If they don’t cause harm they will at least leave a bad taste and smell. Isopropyl alcohol Will evaporate away and you won’t even notice it.
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        It's on glass, so it will likely wash away w/ a 2nd cleaning w/ soap&water.

Would go with what folks have posted above, all these methods have worked well for me. I would avoid the harsh chemicals you mentioned though, just not worth the risk of getting that stuff into your lungs!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        It's on glass, so it will likely wash away w/ a 2nd cleaning w/ soap&water.

im about to change everyones life hahaha i can believe nobody uses ACETONE, pure 100% acetone not the one for nails with keratin. and before some of you start tripingp on me about the harms and so on a little lesson about alcohol...

there are two kinds of alcohol available, ethyl alcohol and isopropyl alcohol; ethyl is the alcohol you can drink, it comes in beverages but the one in the pharmacy its not intended to be drinked, for this reason acetone is added in small quantities to make it toxic, we do not metabolize acetone and it stays in the body causing a lot of problems for a long time. on the other hand there is isopropyl, to this alcohol nothing is added because when isopropyl is metabolized is converted into acetone, again very toxic.

now it sounds like acetone is more dangerous inside your body, and it is, what is not is easily ingested, acetone evaporates faster than both alcohols, leaving absolutely nothing behind, so its far more likely you ingest isopropyl alcohol and as long as you rinse your piece with water after using any solvent you wont have a problem. just try acetone, it works 100 times faster than alcohol with no scrubbing or shaking endlessly.

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        I shall try this 1st, since I have a gal of it.

• Toripony
        Toripony commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow,... why did I never try this before?! It works! And it takes out gunky buildup from inaccessible crevices that nothing else was taking out. And it does it in minutes. No tired wrist/arms from shaking. No brushes. No aftertaste (unlike soaking in Dawn, my previous solution). Knowing how it dissolves nail polish, I just can't believe I never thought of it. THANKS for "changing [my] life", 9finger! (Hey, it also works on that last bit of goo on trimming scissors and fingers!)

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        You are welcome I’m glad at least one person tried it

9fingerleafs That's very interesting. I never thought of using that. So can it do the job alone or do you need to add some salt to help with the tough stains? Is it expensive or about the same as isopropyl? I clean my bongs/pipes weekly to avoid the nasty black crap build-up. So anything that's safe and can clean better and faster than the usual isopropyl/salt, then I'm game. This is also why I choose straight bongs over curvy, fancy ones; easier to clean lol.
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        When you have to repair a busted limited edition "Elvis at Folsom" collector's dinner plate in a hurry, you don't care what the glue smells like.

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        ....or so I'm told

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Bill I have to flag your reply’s now . Because your just out of hand lmao . Your comments kill me . And murder is wrong . Flag flag flag.

Originally posted by growsomebuds View Post
      Interested to know what kind of solvent or specific product would clean up a used pipe. MEK, turpentine, mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, etc perhaps.
      simply salt and isopropyl alcohol. the finished product looks miraculously new. remember to shake.

cleaning screens the best option is to burn them off. hold the screen firmly with small needle nose pliers and ignite the built up resin with a lighter. be sure to hold the screen over an ash tray. gets it all!

Comment

this is the kind you guys need http://a.co/4m48LmL

Comment

Imagine the efficacy of using a small ultrasonic cleaner w/ one of the chemicals mentioned. I just want to clean a small, groovy, glass pipe.

Thanks, all, for the responses!
          Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
          4' x 4' grow tent
          6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            I hadn't thought of that. Miz Lady works at a jewelry store. I wonder what her boss would say if I showed up with 10 funky pipes to be cleaned in the ultrasonic washer.

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            .....the smell notwithstanding

• growsomebuds
            growsomebuds commented
            Editing a comment
            Place a wire through the bowl and carb, and say they are earrings as long as the boss doesn't get too close to see the explainable gunk build up. lol

4' x 4' grow tent
          6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
            growsomebuds commented
            Editing a comment
            How's 'bout this?

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            The price is legit. The question is how is the quality.

For da bongs.
          4' x 4' grow tent
          6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            A bit pricey for my budget. I'll just stick with the manual cleaning. It's messy work, but it's only one med. bong and a couple of small pipes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X