Flushing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing question

I have question on flushing? I flushed because top buds were done. I cut those but have about a week left on ones below that are now getting better light and a whole other plant that is about 2 weeks from harvest window in same box and hydro solution. Should I just go with plain ph'd florakleen added water or go back on nute schedule.? Thanks!
    Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
    Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
    Nutes: GH Trio Flora
    Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
    Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Once you flush, I would say you are committed to flushing. No reason to go back to feeding schedule IMO
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. Plant would get all confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Cab1080 View Post
        That's what I'm thinking. Plant would get all confused.
        This all brings up another question (of course..LOL).
        I started trying a sample of Herculean Harvest from Nectar of the Gods (liquid Bone meal) as a final flush (I usually use Florakleen). The HH says it will SAFELY FEED a plant during final flush? Sounds good on the surface but time will tell..Stuff actually smells pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzer777 View Post

This all brings up another question (of course..LOL).
          I started trying a sample of Herculean Harvest from Nectar of the Gods (liquid Bone meal) as a final flush (I usually use Florakleen). The HH says it will SAFELY FEED a plant during final flush? Sounds good on the surface but time will tell..Stuff actually smells pretty decent
          Hmm I'll have to check that out!

Comment

So lets do the math. The top of the plant was completely finished and you harvested the crop. If you start nutrients now, you will then need to have time to flush again before harvest of your lower buds.

The lower buds are how many weeks behind the buds that were 6 inches above them?

I won't tell you how long to flush because that is an individual preference thing. I will say that too long of a flush has worked better for me than too short.

So if the math fits, and you feel that you have the weeks to work with, you are all set.

I choose to harvest the lower buds a little early if necessary and get going on the next set of top buds.

If you do feed, and develop great buds, I will be anxious to learn that information also. This is how mew things become popular, by some guy trying something and making it work well.
            completed 7 grows
            what I have learned so far:
            environment maters more than nutrients
            at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
            effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              I grow in coco.
              Perhaps flush immediately and harvest is your method but not mine. That is why I stated that I will not tell you how to flush because that is a individual thing.
              When I flush my outflow goal is ec.3-.4 with ec.2 being the input ec. After flush I want minimum 10 days before harvest with more flushing along the way.
              If it makes no difference to you, then more power to you, I will not disagree with your methods, but I will follow, and do recommend mine for a nice taste.

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps our discussion will help some others decide how they would like to try doing it.
              Happy Growing my friend.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X