how about us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about us

Ok.. New grower for sure.. last year help a person care for 4 plants grown outdoors in with the rest of the garden.. watched for bugs and leaf mold and such when they owner was not available and from all accounts it was a good crop.. I cannot vouch for that as i do not smoke ..eat .. rub.. or wipe with it but my wife and most friends do.
    So.. this year i decided my wife and i would grow our 4 plants.. .. so here is my problem.. I have noticed in my various readings including the Nubula Haze... Grow Weed Easy newsletter (which i try to study a lot) that green houses and especially the small cheap plastic covered ones like I have seem to be the bastard child of growing and while the help people are full of under the grow lights advice and have a few
    occasional tips and tidbits about outside growing..
    .. Green house's and cheapy plastic structures seem to be a taboo for discussion.. and no they ..in my humble opinion do not fall in the same advice as outdoor growing.. So.. as lengthy as this is to ask one question.. here it is.. does anybody know of a site or blog or forum that is more about dealing with growing in these type of structures.. I had hopes when i got this weeks Nebula Newsletter that there would be a at least a bit of information... but alas.. The 10 step-Quick Start Guide did a bare mention of outdoor grows.. none about green house or plastic covered rooms and moved on with the lights grow advice.. Thanks for ant input.. (plants are looking great)
    Start Guide

It's actually a good question, at one time I was going to purchase one from harbor freight...here were the problems I thought about and why I did not go that route. Humidity and temp, going to be very hard to control temps without a window rattler, humidity is the same issue as it will be higher in the enclosed space. Lighting...you'll have a glowing building in your back yard that they will be able to see from the space station! Even though they are photo period plants, I still believe in getting and giving them MORE light. (Longer hours) I would do autos as longer light hours are typically not needed.

Comment

I believe the principle is the same as outdoors, 'cep you need lots of fan action
      If the sun always shone
      How soon the tree would wither
      -- Confucius

Comment

Oldjarhead would probably know.
        If the sun always shone
        How soon the tree would wither
        -- Confucius

Comment

I’m growing outside every summer,it’s just a different set of parameters, what do u need to know?

Comment

GreenhouseEffect is a member here that does well in a green house. Maybe he can help. He has had his for awhile I believe.
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
              GreenhouseEffect commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the mention California kid.
              I am more than happy to talk greenhouses, and help out anyway I can.
              I am growing weed for my second year in one, and grew up having a 20x100' full of vegetables. Just found the thread, so will post some after I get back from work.
              They can be awesome! Do have there own little quirks, and specialized battles though.

DrPhoton might be able to help to... I believe he has a green house.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Greenhouses can be considered the same as indoors, only the light source is different. Environment controls can be maintained to the same degree as indoors, such as temperature, humidity, airflow, co2 etc. Albeit at a much larger scale and higher difficulty. I had really good help here from members and even NebulaHaze when i first started. I now have had more than a couple years in greenhouse experience. One of the hardest things to maintain is temperature and humidity. But this difficulty depends on the volume of the greenhouse and geographic location. Mine is quite large and required much research into various fields such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics etc. Pressurizing a greenhouse is not especially easy due to not having a complete seal. Unless its a window pane system. I managed to do it with great difficulty. Typically large scale greenhouses are not pressurized but instead use forced airflow with systems such as horizontal fans in series. Pushing and pulling the air through the greenhouse. Temperatures are controlled by large airconditioning units, or evaporating coolers. And so on.

Basically the greenhouse system has the same potentials as indoors. Both quality and quantity. Especially when greenhouses use supplemental lighting and balance the daily light integral.
              Written Articles:
              Light Metric Systems
              Using Light Efficiently
              The Light Cycle Debate
              Environment Conditions
              Grow Light Technologies
              How To Compare Grow Lights
              To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
              Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
              Facebook
              Twitter
              Instagram

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180702_090624.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	222251Click image for larger version  Name:	20180702_090540.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	222252 we very rarely get temps above 85F and 80F as high so far this year.. almost always have a breeze or even light wind. .we keep a small fan on and vents open most of the time Click image for larger version  Name:	20180702_090455.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.98 MB ID:	222254Click image for larger version  Name:	20180702_090547.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	222253 . Click image for larger version  Name:	20180702_090609.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.28 MB ID:	222250
                Last edited by faller49; 07-02-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

what I am looking for is.. where am i at.. what do in need to do..or might do.. and i cannot look at inside grows as the answer.. .. and thanks for the posts to now.. all comments are learning comments for me.. Plants look small in pics for some reason.. They are not small.. Tallest one is over 5 ft.. rest have been topped and are about 3 1/2 feet tall or so..
                  Last edited by faller49; 07-02-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

that is what i thought.. as my dad taught me.. be ware the experts and no it all's.. all about the bucks..

Comment

Stage fright?...shrinkage?....let them “know” they look great!
                      “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

Read my article on environment conditions, this applies to both indoors and greenhouses. However outdoor greenhouses can tolerate higher temperatures, around 90-95°F max (32-35°C max).

Other than that, they look good. I prefer to use plant training techniques to bush them out, rather than having them tall. One year i propogated too early, ended up growing monsters that outgrew the house. They were several pounders.
                        Written Articles:
                        Light Metric Systems
                        Using Light Efficiently
                        The Light Cycle Debate
                        Environment Conditions
                        Grow Light Technologies
                        How To Compare Grow Lights
                        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
                        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
                        Facebook
                        Twitter
                        Instagram

Comment

First off I would stop trying to look for information pertaining solely to growing cannabis in a green house for a few reasons :

A) a lot of vital information is going to apply to all forms of growing style weather it be a 300acre farm a green house or a 4sf closet . Cannabis is cannabis and it’s needs and wants do not change weather your in a shoe box or a large scale garden

B) if you broaden your search to things like “general greenhouse gardening” and even “ tomatoe gardening in greenhouse “ ( tomatoes have a lot of the same needs and wants as cannabis ) this will open you up to a whole new world of information.

C) we all grow in different styles . Even using the same media my DWC may be totally different and is totally different the another persons hydroponic DWC . Or my dwc vs a coco grow. You can use and take the information from someone else’s grow style and apply it to your own situation. so a statement like I’m looking for information from other greenhouse growers and not indoor growers limits your resource because I’m sure there is far more indoor and outdoor grower here then green house growers . You need to realize that our indoor gardens are made to replicate your outdoor and or green house . So they are different but very much the same .

your needs for a green house other then light are the same as my needs for an indoor grow. Oxygen co2 light and water . The manner in which you achieve these things (other then light) are the same in most cases.

so my question to you is . What information is it that you need . What can we as fellow growers help you to achieve. Because regardless of where we do it we are all applying the same techniques in a slightly altered manner to achieve the same end results . And all the information is right here on this site and in this forum . You just need to learn how to apply that to your situation. And that is something that isn’t defined by indoor outdoor or greenhouse.

DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Danger Dan.. we are new at playing with them.. the tall one is unmolested except for the 'limb' being tethered out.. two of them were topped at 2 week different times and look good but the one done the earliest is doing the best.. the last was just topped last week and is already multiplying it's crown..

Dankwing Duck.. i am not looking for information pertaining solely to green house grows.. .. My point was there is lots of information on light grow..i was wanting more inclusion of other grow methods... For one instance and not meant to be the end all be all.. a lot of stuff about the need top control lighting to 12 on 12 off and such.. where does that put green house growers..

Skip To C.. If I knew the answers to YOUR questions then i would not have questions.... Let us take a easy one if it will help.. I read a lot.. NO, A LOT.. on the 12 on 12 off lighting .. with grow lights.. My grow light does not turn off and on with a switch.. why is there no suggestions in the help gurus to cover the green house..(of all sizes) with black plastic of and on..

I also apologize.. i feel i am being arguementive here .. and maybe am a bit.. but damned.. it is hard as pulling teeth here to get advice.. help in MY situation or at least a .. We do not know.. wrong forum..

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                              DankwingDuck commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Btw I have pulled teeth and it is a pretty basic procedure . Numb grip and pull 😜

• Jibblerjoe
                              Jibblerjoe commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If you force 12/12 in a greenhouse it's a technique called Light Deprivation.

• faller49
                              faller49 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Did not mean to ignore this.. it was hidden and not being familiar with the site i did not know it was there... so .. Thanks.. that is what i am talking about... LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X