Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First grow. Starting flower week 8. DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow. Starting flower week 8. DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

Hello everybody. This is my first post and yes, I read the stickies and guidelines.
    So here is the scoop....
    My first grow. The plant is starting week 8 of a 9 week flower cycle. I made many photos to pick the best that shows what I have. While the photos might not really show I will tell you what I am seeing.
    The plants calyx have mostly no pistils. The calyx are at each node but very separated from the next. I have now seen hundreds of photos and these flowers don't look like compact buds just stems with isolated calyx.
    I just got my first look at the trichomes. So cool with my microscope. Mostly clear with a few starting to go milky.

Here are the specs.
    Holy Grail strain. 9 week flower cycle. Outdoor grow from purchased clone.
    Smart pots and really good soil for cannabis.
    Watered with PH 6.5 water. Veg nutes until 1 week after flower then started Bloom nutes.
    Plant condition = Very healthy

Known conditions.
    Started early for the season. About mid April for the beach Los Angeles.
    Plant is denied about 2.5 hours sunlight each day. 1 hour morning and about 1.5 hours afternoon due to location constraints.

I have excellent gardening skills and will learn from each grow as I continue this new hobby.

Boogan
    Last edited by Boogan; 07-01-2018, 01:38 PM.

No it doesn't look right to me. To start with, your leaves really aren't serrated as most cannabis plants. I wouldn't say for sure if it is male or not.
    How about a picture of the whole plant?

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Looks like she is revegging, to me,
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes but not a full on veg either. Seems to be lost in the limbo between stages. Big fat calyxes dou

Seems to be stressed out over something to my armature eye. Week 8, of a 9 week cycle doesn't look anything like that from my recollection.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

My best guess is that it is getting some light and is trying to re-veg
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Ive never seen a cannabis plant that look like this one ever.. if it even is..

Comment

Wow, I'm currious to see what others have to say. The fact that it came from a clone...otherwise I would seriously wonder what it was. I'll definitely be watching this post....

Comment

That plant is just re-vedging.
              I have on like that right now, she's just in limbo land, started flowering cause I stopped supplementing light to early in the spring. Well, I wasn't gonna stand for that, cause I wanted to flower a decent size CBD plant for my medicine cabinet this year.
              She's back to natural day length now, after 24 hrs artificial for a few weeks, and man does she look crazy!!
              I figure they'll both come round after a long enough period of either short, or long light cycle.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                GreenhouseEffect commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, that plant is definitely a female, besides those confused calyxes, you can see some trichomes as they go away, and the leaves turn smooth again.

Even so.. I'm with Canuck on this one I need to see the whole plant it probably might be revegging like greenhouse says ...

Comment

Hear ya go. Crazy jungle plant for sure!!
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

Sorry greenhouse I meant boogan not yours but thanks for sharing plants still looks good and I really like your outdoor setup what ever I could make out ..so boogans 💯% revegged after reading his post again I realized he had his plant out early April when he should of had it out early June or mid June I know my father in-law went through the exact same thing even though I told him not to.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                    Editing a comment
                    No worries, I posted those pics before I saw your post anyway, Lol!
                    My stuff is all in a greenhouse, it is kinda a crazy dance to do, I have to take the outdoor conditions into account, but I do have some amount of control over climate inside my greenhouse, kind of a fun little balancing act! Definitely enjoy it though!

I wish to thank each one of you for your replies. You are all so kind here.
                  A couple of you asked for full photos so I gently moved the plant against this wall for contrast.
                  A little more info on this grow.
                  Plant has never been relocated since planted from a clone. Never topped, fimmed or trained.
                  Some have mentioned lighting but remember this is a outdoor grow.
                  Yes, I did knowingly start this clone too early and expected a smaller than average plant but I still expected it to make some buds even though small.

So, Some of the ideas here is that it is re vegging. It has not grown at all in 5 weeks only the calyx have swelled a bit.
                  So. What should I do now? Wait a few weeks until the trichomes go milky and dry for 12 days then snip off the calyx's individually and cure or let it keep going?
                  Your advice?

Thank You
                  Boogan

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                    9fingerleafs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It depends on what hemisphere you are and how long you are willing to wait. It will grow buds eventually harvestable at the end of winter

• GreenhouseEffect
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep.
                    Once the day length gets shorter again, they will start to flower once more.
                    The problem is that the days were short, so they started to flower, but then as summer began, and the days started to lengthen, it confused your plants.
                    For some odd reason, Cannabis just grows really funky when this happens to it.
                    Those plants will not be ready anytime soon, the day light will have to get back to about 12 Hrs of darkness first. The easiest way is to just wait. It is possible to cover them for 12 hours every night, but there are problems with this, so may be better to just wait, since your just learning. Once your plant is getting 12 Hrs of darkness every night once again for a couple weeks, then it will be about 9 weeks, or so, till they are ready to harvest. Keep in mind that the 9 weeks that plant breeder says, are under optimal conditions, and it may take a bit longer in the real world!

Check out the "Growing Basics" section, at the top of this page, the part about the Vegetative stage of life, and the flowering stage, will explain a lot.

Thank you 9fingerleafs and GreenhouseEffect !
                  I am a very patient person and now have some hope that continued attention I may just get something from this. I really love growing all kinds of odd things so this is a exciting new hobby.
                  Just to hedge my bet I have a clone of Cinex strain that entered into flower just last week! So the fun keeps coming.

Thanks
                  Boogan

Comment

• BillBates
                    BillBates commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Please keep a photojournal & post from time to time. At worst it'll be a good story for the big story. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Looks like you got ya some normal leaves down at the very bottom, mine did the same. I guess your third option would be to bring it inside with a grow light, but that would require a fair amount of set up to match whats outside, probably best to wait on the seasons, she could grow up to be nice and big that way, to.
                  Keep posting with any questions you got about them, Folks on this forum are generally really nice, and happy to help.
                  And read up on all the tutorials posted up top, there is literally a wealth of knowledge there to help make your grow sucessfull.
                  Organic Soil,
                  with molasses,
                  In a Greenhouse with,
                  Redneck engineering.

Comment

I will take you up on that tip and check out the tutorials!
                    I enjoy new challenges.
                    Thanks
                    Boogan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X