Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with stems and leaves after harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with stems and leaves after harvest?

I'm heading into the last 3-4 weeks of flower and I'm trying to get ready for harvest. What does everyone do with the stems of the plant and some of the fan leaves? Do you guys try to extract everything from the stems and leaves?

We toss stems and fan leaves but keep sugar leaves for dry ice hash. Some people make tea and other edibles with fan leaves I think.
    Last edited by Sheesh; 06-30-2018, 02:00 PM.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I toss my fan leaves (they usually look pretty craptacular by the time flower is over anyway) and save my sugar leaves for hash or edibles, depending on what I want to do. I know some people are into juicing the fan leaves, but I've never done it.

Comment

Stems are trash - although in the 70's stems and seeds made up 25% of what was in your bag of scrappy Mexican weed.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I throw away all yellow leaves. Everything else goes to making other things. All useful. Especially if you use alot of edible or tinactures(spelling?)

Edited: only if they have trichomes on them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X