First time grower,I think I have a problem with one of the seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower,I think I have a problem with one of the seedlings

Here in India we mostly get weed with seeds coz the growers dont care much about the plant and let the males grow.I germinated few seeds with a paper towel and one of them sprouted faster than the others and popped out of the soil a day and a half before the other seedling.But now the seedling which is smaller and popped out later(on the right side of the image)already produced 4 sets of leaves but the seedling which germinated and popped out first(on the left side in the image)just grew the first set of leaves bigger than the other seedling and struggling to grow the second set of leaves is there a problem?
    Lighting 17 to 18 hours
    Grow medium-70% soil,30% coir(already composted and treated) and some fertilizer made for flowering plants and fruit producing trees.
    These plants are native sativa which even grow in the wild in harsh condition with high humidity and less water than the indicas you grow at home.My city is lot cooler and has less humidity than the places they actually grow these plants.So i guess this setup is enough as they grow in those conditions and I'm not a serious grower but I'm taking good care of it.
    I'm growing them together in one pot to see which one of them turns to be healthy and if I can find out the gender before they feel suffocated in one pot.
    The Grow guide in your website mostly refers to indicas who need more care.Will this fimming and bending techniques work as I dont want the sativa to grow much taller and produce as much as it can and will the 12/12 lighting schedule work on this plant if I want to move to the flowering stage much faster.Thank you taking your time and reading!
    Last edited by Marc212; 06-29-2018, 08:29 AM.

Hello Marc. Sound like you know your basics and took care of everything before germinating wich is great. In my opinion both seedlings look healthy. You may just have one plant taller than the other one. Because the pot is big they may be working hard making roots before growing more leaves. They need some time, you should expect rapid growing in about a week. About the training. It will work on any plant no matter what. Be sure to top or fim to get bushy plants and lots of colas. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
      Hello Marc. Sound like you know your basics and took care of everything before germinating wich is great. In my opinion both seedlings look healthy. You may just have one plant taller than the other one. Because the pot is big they may be working hard making roots before growing more leaves. They need some time, you should expect rapid growing in about a week. About the training. It will work on any plant no matter what. Be sure to top or fim to get bushy plants and lots of colas. Good luck
      THANKYOU!.I read on a website which said male plants grow taller and mature faster ,though the seedling in the left didn't produce another set of leaves like the other one ,it sprouted,popped out and is taller and have bigger first set of leaves,so will it be a male?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost impossible to tell this soon. It’s more likely just a bit taller right now. That male - female difference in height is common but it’s not a definitive trait and cannot be used to identify sex this early on. Once you grow he same strain a few times and you are familiar with the phenos then you could identify males by structure and height. But still not a rule

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X